• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 3 Discussion

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i didn't really catch it the first time i watched the episode, but the flash where sally wiped her face and left blood... seemed to be the exact same aesthetically as bettys flashbacks/dream sequences.

polyesterisok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
was wondering about that bit as well

I liked the prolific use of the word "negro"

Maybe the snub was showing the white/blue collar class difference?

I enjoyed the elevator scene as well. Just goes to show how much society has changed in 45 years.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
betty is kind of a **** and don will be ball deep in teacher in 2 episodes.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
kind of hoping she'd die in childbirth. she annoys me.
HA me too. She was great season 1 and 2, she's turned into a pain **********. It may just because she was preggers and cranky. That's a chick that needs to be taken from behind by the MExican pool boy.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i agree w/ kunk, teacher doesn't stand a chance... don smiled, he smiled when she called. i don't know if the man has cracked a sincere smile around betty ever.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
betty is kind of a **** and don will be ball deep in teacher in 2 episodes.

Does anyone else think Don's ability to pull tail is getting cliched or slightly absurd? He talks to the teacher for what, two minutes, and then she's calling him in a drunken mess hitting on him, or trying to? Seriously, we know Don has his foibles. Not every ******* girl needs to show him the stairway to heaven.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, comparative to hank on californication and dennis leary on rescue me, don's hookups seem realistic and he seems almost chaste by comparison.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure the females watching the show have a different take on Betty. I, personally, see the despair in Betty, her being a housewife and sequestered to your home and children, by witnessing my mother's frustration and depression as a housewife.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
well, comparative to hank on californication and dennis leary on rescue me, don's hookups seem realistic and he seems almost chaste by comparison.

My first thought was Hank, too. His hookups are so stupid that I stopped watching. There's a touch of that with Don Draper, but he's better looking, richer and more alpha than Hank, so it makes more sense and it's not so egregious in the first place. Hank sees and 19 year old model at a stop light and she invites him over for a bone.

JaPo

Reaction score
Mad Men Series 6 summer special: Peter Campbell and Ken Cosgrove go back to Princeton. HERE In other news, I'm liking this season. I've seen some people grilling it, and I'm not quite sure where it's going either, but it's still exceptionally satisfying to watch. And admire.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
Another great Sterling line in that scene (paraphrasing), "It's never as good as you expect it to be".
I LOL'd. Another great episode all around....probably the best of the season so far. - The daughter is finally growing on me. She seems the most real. - Betts is being cunty, yes, but she's been through so much. She's basically been forced to bottle up everything in her life. That dream sequence with her mom was very telling. - Waiting room scene was very cool. I liked Don's line when the guy brought out the JW Red Label. "I thought everyone would be celebrating" "I don't know about that, but I'll take one". It amazes me to think that those guys must literally go throughout their day with a perfect buzz. - I recognized Yeardly Smith right away. - The Pete Campbell flogging and that story line was good. - Peggy's scene with Don was interesting. I wonder if she'll get the balls to leave. Mad Men continues to be the best show on TV, IMO. Can't wait for the next episode. Almost forgot to mention the teacher. The comments made remind me of this: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...-guide/787241/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads