• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Fashion Discussion

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
pieces that coalesce with your personal brand.

I can't believe you guys let this one slide.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
great thread.

i've been looking for a new belt, can't decide if i want another ribbon belt or something leather. any suggestions for belts?

I also made a thread asking for shoe advice but didnt get many responses (thanks epaulet). aside from vans and boat shoes what else is worthy of looking into?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Quantity has it's own quality.

touchÃ
00a9.png

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Quantity has it's own quality.

Thus answering the question-- what is Georg Hegel's philosophy of college poon?

cicero79

Reaction score
Well according to Hegel, you'd need to achieve Synthesis to get that poon. Add 1 part ubiquitous college fashion trend + 4 shots of Jager/Johnny Walker (Choose your weapon) and you will be well on your way toward a both satisfying and later realization that you left your rainbow sandals at her house and your American Apparel Deep V Neck isn't enough to keep you warm in the streets at 3am. That aside, after 3 years of college in Southern California, i've seen both the frat boy/sorority flipflop, ugg boot cocktail, buffalo flannel shirt + Nike shoes + moose knuckle denim, and finally the third category being everything else in between. Each crowd feels pretty comfortable in their own skin and I hardly ever see anybody being knocked around for their threads. That being said, their is something to be said about a guy who knows when to pull out the sartorial guns and don a well fitting suit and be comfortable in his own skin. Other days, everyone from the undergrads to professors are somewhere in this region:
warriors.jpg

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Honestly, if you're personable, can schmooz, decent looking, and alcohol is involved, it isn't rocket science to get laid

The ones who need help with girls probably are the rocket scientists.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
great thread.

i've been looking for a new belt, can't decide if i want another ribbon belt or something leather. any suggestions for belts?

I also made a thread asking for shoe advice but didnt get many responses (thanks epaulet). aside from vans and boat shoes what else is worthy of looking into?

Bump this question.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkc_val
A decent blazer has multi uses and a decent one can be affordable on a budget.

I'm guessing you don't pull this off nearly as well as you think. I rarely see college kids or even 20/30somethings pull off casual blazers well. Like with casual vests, just because GQ uses a really attractive model with a good body, perfectly tailored (usually expensive) clothing, and professional cameramen and make simple outfits look great in photoshoots, doesn't mean it will look good on joe blow going to the mall to "copy the look"

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
great thread.

loafers, driving shoes, tretorn + spring court tennis shoes, quoddy bluchers, chukkas, desert boots, canvas repetto zizis.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm guessing you don't pull this off nearly as well as you think. I rarely see college kids or even 20/30somethings pull off casual blazers well. Like with casual vests, just because GQ uses a really attractive model with a good body, perfectly tailored (usually expensive) clothing, and professional cameramen and make simple outfits look great in photoshoots, doesn't mean it will look good on joe blow going to the mall to "copy the look"

+1

I see too many people in college who aren't either really thin or in good shape wearing crappy cotton blazers that are a size too big. Very few people can wear them off the rack without tailoring. If it doesn't fit great then you look like a kid playing dress up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads