• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

brozeus

Reaction score
I really like the look of the barrel laces on these Sperrys.

newboatshoelead1.jpg

I want to do that to the laces on my Sperrys. Do you need to buy these laces special, or can you manipulate the standard leather Sperry laces so they will coil on the ends like that? Thanks!

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll try here before I start a thread. Is there anywhere in Boston to have jeans properly hemmed and chainlink stitched, or should I mail them off to BiG.

Todd33

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry to annoy you again with a picture, but I saw this simple jacket very often and I would like to know what the brand is.

leatherjacket.jpg

Thank you very much !

BOF

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of people on here wearing shoes without socks and like the look, but am wondering how you do this? I've tried it, but find it phenominally uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. Do you do anything in particular to make it tollerable?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BOF
I've seen plenty of people on here wearing shoes without socks and like the look, but am wondering how you do this? I've tried it, but find it phenominally uncomfortable after about 10 minutes. Do you do anything in particular to make it tollerable?

Uncomfortable...in what way? I do this with canvas sneakers that are well-ventilated, so my feet actually feel better w/out socks.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BOF
Generally getting very hot, sweaty, sticky, etc.

Hmm...maybe talcum powder? At least for canvas shoes...I know its kind of a ridiculous suggestion but it worked for me...

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudeey
Does uniqlo not sell the xs oxford any more? Should I just get one for gap? I need a cheap white oxford in xs or youth xl

GAP xs is going to be like a potato sack on you unless you have near a 40" chest. If you can fit in a youth xl size one, you've got more options. Lots of stores like Walmart sell youth sized oxfords for school uniforms. There's always American Apparel, as well. Poor quality but they fit alright, if you're skinny. They have xxs and xs sizes.

shadrach

Reaction score
how much would it cost to demagnetize a watch. my father accidentally came into contact with a high powered magnet 10 years ago while running an experiment and never got his watch to run on time again.

onlinematt

Reaction score
Is there any risk of buying fake Dior MIJ or MII jeans, or don't fake ones exist? I just want to be careful if I'm buying a 2nd hand pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads