• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
how do oyu reutrn something after that
they just take um back defective... it happens all the time where i work too. who makes um?>

fresnorich

Reaction score
I spilled vegetable oil on the toe of my Merona Desert boots and it left a dark stain, so I decided to use the oil to dye the boots darker to match the stain. Here's how they look next to an undyed pair:

photo-36.jpg

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ interesting experiment with the vegetable oil. i am curious if the veggie-oil-soaked suede will stain/soil the hem of your pants.

fresnorich

Reaction score
I let them dry outside for about 4 days and then scrubbed them with soap and water before drying them again. I'll post again if I notice any staining.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Damn. I'm liking my desert boots more and more as they break in and get scuffed up. I like them more as a rugged boot for a Neil Young kind of look and not at all for a preppy look.

everybodynobody

Reaction score
How do you clean the gum soles? The soles of my Clark's are soiled with black grease and dirt that won't come off. Is there a way to restore them to the original clean appearance?

flesy

Reaction score
What IRL retailers carry these? I don't want to accidently get the wrong size in these boots

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Clarks retail stores, some department stores (Nordstrom, others?), other independent stores. They're really not that hard to find, though you may not have the greatest selection of colors. Here's a store locator (though I can't guarantee these places will have DBs specifically): Store Locator

th0rbahn

Reaction score
my right foot doesn't fit as well as the left and it kind of chafes at the heel.. does this sort of thing work itself out with time?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Your body is asymetrical, in case you haven't noticed already. That is, eveyone's is. One's feet are seldom exactly the same size. But yeah, as the shoe breaks in, chafing won't be an issue. You should also wear socks of at least medium thickness.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No chance in hell Target has any of those Merona boots left is there?

Anyone have a product # for them?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What size do you need? I have an 11 (I think, I'll check) that I'd sell ya.

th0rbahn

Reaction score
got a heel blister from wearing these yesterday morning
frown.gif

is a gel insole a good solution for a bit of heel slip? maybe they just need to be broken in, but I have a hunch they are ever-so-slightly too large.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by th0rbahn
got a heel blister from wearing these yesterday morning
frown.gif

is a gel insole a good solution for a bit of heel slip? maybe they just need to be broken in, but I have a hunch they are ever-so-slightly too large.

what size do you normally wear and what size did you get

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads