• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am addicted to Redfin.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Properties in that neighborhood tend to be more expensive as it's where all of the famous hospitals and research centers are located. Just going back to look at the listings, all of those other condos are on ****** blocks to live on. The one on 3rd is on the crack corner, the one on 4th is above the park with the protesters, hippies, and homeless people, and the one on 1st is right next to the Hwy 99 off ramp.
But also, the one on 1st is not going to be near the off ramp for long. As the Viaduct will be taken down. The Juliet Balcony overlooks the off-ramp. I kind of like it. It's actually a really good location for what I want.
29068018_10_2.jpg
The one on fourth is also right across the street from the light rail station. Convenient to shopping, dining, and entertainment. Its on the quiet side of Westlake park, not the protester side. There are occasionally rallys there, but it's not that bad. The one on 3rd is not on the crack corner. The crack corner is 5 blocks away at the park. It is near the "hanging out waiting for the bus" corner. But I don't give a crap. Let em hang out. This is less than two blocks from Bed Bath And Beyond and/or Borders. It is not "dangerous". I am not afraid of non-gentrified neighborhoods. I don't need a boring, 100% safe, serene environment to make my house in. What you call "****** blocks to live on" I call "what I'm looking for".

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, true.

Did crack corner really move? I worked in a building on 3rd and pike and it was pretty awful then. I remember one night leaving around 2am and saw some guys snorting right off the sidewalk. Another time some crazy dude was smearing his **** all over a door and window with his bare hands. And then there was that one time where an old woman was crushed to death under a bus, as well as that gang shooting in the same spot a year later. Great times on that block.

I've spent the past hour looking at listings though. wtf is up with all the awful interior designs?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Haha, true. Did crack corner really move?
Not really, I don't ever recall being able to buy crack that far South on 3rd. Usually the dealers are hanging at Regrade park on 3rd and Bell. Weed yes. Crack... not so much.
I worked in a building on 3rd and pike and it was pretty awful then. I remember one night leaving around 2am and saw some guys snorting right off the sidewalk. Another time some crazy dude was smearing his **** all over a door and window with his bare hands. And then there was that one time where an old woman was crushed to death under a bus, as well as that gang shooting in the same spot a year later. Great times on that block.
That sounds boring, and describes things that happen in many neighborhoods at 2am. Belltown. Pioneer Square. Broadway. Snorting coke, smearing ****, and shootings all occasionally happen. I don't sweat the little stuff. Let me know when someone does something INTERESTING. This is Seattle. Our art museum is right across from a peep show. Our parks are full of **** secks at night, and occasionally you will see homeless panhandlers pack up for the day, get into their luxury car, and drive away.
I've spent the past hour looking at listings though. wtf is up with all the awful interior designs?
See, its addictive! I don't really know. I assume that they think it will help them sell the condo if they show it full of awful furnishings.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
how do you live on 25k?
I love this question. Everyone with more money than none thinks that they are barely scraping by. That its not possible to live with less than they have. Some sort of shared capitalist psychosis.
smile.gif
You can live on anything. Or nothing. Money does not determine survival. Only luxury. I lead a pretty simple life. I go to work. I come home. Some days I go to the gym. Some days I watch a movie or two. Occasionally I'll go out to eat somewhere nice. I smoke. I drive around in a fairly new model car (which after this year I will own), I don't really buy anything. I have a couple pairs of jeans, a couple dozen t-shirts, a few sweatshirts, a couple decent jackets, a few pairs of sneakers... thats pretty much it. I have no savings, I buy clothes once a year. You get sick and tired of not having "enough"... sure. I don't think that changes no matter how much money you have though. There's always something you convince yourself you "need". Whether its something as superficial as new clothes, or a luxury disguised as a "right" like having a family or a home. Nobody needs to have children, or live in the suburbs, or have a nice apartment, or drive an SUV, or eat at restaurants, or buy new clothes every couple of months, or any of it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How do you live on whatever it is that you live on?
smile.gif
I assume that If I made more money I'd be late on less blls and maybe my credit would be better. But who really knows?
smile.gif

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
How do you live on whatever it is that you live on?
smile.gif

I assume that If I made more money I'd be late on less blls and maybe my credit would be better. But who really knows?
smile.gif

ok. you got me. I asked a really stupid question.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
ok. you got me. I asked a really stupid question.

Its ok. Its a stupid question that I hear people ask a lot, so it must be a pretty common thought.

My mother raised two kids on 12-15k a year. She still doesn't make ****. I make more than she does, and she gives sponge baths and feeds apple sauce to people dying of AIDS and cancer and stuff. She's also completely insane, so maybe that helps.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh, it also helps to not have any shame.

I am going out with some friends in a few minutes. We are going to a bar. I won't be spending any money. I'm just there for the company. Maybe someone will buy me an espresso or share some fries with me. We'll see.
smile.gif

DMcG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The one on 3rd is not on the crack corner. The crack corner is 5 blocks away at the park. It is near the "hanging out waiting for the bus" corner. But I don't give a crap. Let em hang out. This is less than two blocks from Bed Bath And Beyond and/or Borders. It is not "dangerous".

It's also two blocks from the Blarney Stone. A nice bar that doesn't try to be too much. Which can be rare in downtown Seattle.

And yes, Redfin is good stuff. It seems like traditional real estate companies have taken some of the Redfin map based searching ideas but the ones I've seen haven't been as good.

montyharding

Reaction score
I really like the second one. It looks like somewhere even I could keep clean - and it's cheaper than my current hovel. Moving to Seattle though is not an option
tongue.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads