I am addicted to Redfin.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

damn seattle is cheap.

3. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Isn't a bit of a contradiction to talk about how satisfied you are with not much money/material possessions while at the same time obsessing over homes that cost 5x what you could afford?

Anyway, the second one looks really nice in the pictures.... until you realize that you would have the noise and pollution of I-5 in your face all day and night.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Isn't a bit of a contradiction to talk about how satisfied you are with not much money/material possessions while at the same time obsessing over homes that cost 5x what you could afford?

Forget your meds this morning?

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Yeah. Its a good thing I never said I was satisfied with no money and few possessions. That would be stupid.

7. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

8. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Forget your meds this morning?

I drank a hearty breakfast, same as every morning. Why?

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I drank a hearty breakfast, same as every morning. Why?

Cause it seems like you came around just to shit on my porch. [​IMG]

You have to make up better reasons to pick a fight though. Kinda lame to misrepresent someone in a thread with only four pages of evidence to to examine. Its like cheating on a test about cliffs notes. Just lazy.

Ill let it slide this time. Better effort next go around or I'll be less tolerant.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

damn seattle is cheap.
    $370 a square foot is currently, according to Trulia, the average for the Seattle Market. That puts us as one of the most expensive markets in the U.S. New York City - $1128 Boston - $653 San Fran - $620 Seattle - $370 Washington D.C. - $348 San Diego - $267 L.A. $266 Portland - $191 Philadelphia - $152 Chicago - $143 Atlanta - $124 Miami - $113 I try to look for "deals". I usually don't even look at properties north of $250k. Thats why a lot of these are less expensive places.
    WTF? From the OP: http://www.redfin.com/WA/Seattle/100...t-D/home/61637 This 2BR for less than 400K? Lol, I need to move to Seattle ASAP.
    Not really sure why it was that inexpensive. That building has several pretty reasonably priced units. Of course, it was built in the 1960's.

11. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

Units are ~$450-550 on average a square foot here. I have a friend who just paid 550k for a 900 square foot unit to get on to the 23rd floor of a nice building. Yikes. Why are Canadian prices so much more expensive than their American counterparts?

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Units are ~$450-550 on average a square foot here. I have a friend who just paid 550k for a 900 square foot unit to get on to the 23rd floor of a nice building. Yikes. Why are Canadian prices so much more expensive than their American counterparts?
    They aren't. At least not in Seattle. Thats actually pretty low when you factor in the exchange rate. Of course, you could always move to Cleveland or Detroit. Much cheaper there.

13. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

They aren't. At least not in Seattle. Thats actually pretty low when you factor in the exchange rate. Of course, you could always move to Cleveland or Detroit. Much cheaper there.
    With the current exchange rate 550k CND is a little more than 530k USD, so I don't think the exchange rate is that big of a factor. The $370 average you cited is ~$384 CDN which is a fairly small difference. You listed many U.S. cities that are substantially more affordable than Canadian cities, and I was wondering if anyone knows why this discrepancy exists.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

With the current exchange rate 550k CND is a little more than 530k USD, so I don't think the exchange rate is that big of a factor. The $370 average you cited is ~$384 CDN which is a fairly small difference.

You listed many U.S. cities that are substantially more affordable than Canadian cities, and I was wondering if anyone knows why this discrepancy exists.

What you listed is not the average price per square foot of all the homes sold in your city. You listed a the price if a 23rd floor 900 SF condo in a"nice" building. Big difference.

15. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

What you listed is not the average price per square foot of all the homes sold in your city. You listed a the price if a 23rd floor 900 SF condo in a"nice" building. Big difference.
    While this is true I did cite that the average condo is ~$450-550/sq ft. Didn't mean to derail your threak. On with the condo pr0n.