• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am addicted to Redfin.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I sat here and looked at condos for nearly four hours. I can't afford a condo. Damn it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was expecting them to cost more. Maybe give it another year or so? The prices in my building have gone way down in the past 8 months, and I've heard that a lot of buyers have walked away from their deposits on all of the new luxury buildings.

Do you really want to live downtown though? It's not all that fun.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I was expecting them to cost more. Maybe give it another year or so? The prices in my building have gone way down in the past 8 months, and I've heard that a lot of buyers have walked away from their deposits on all of the new luxury buildings. Do you really want to live downtown though? It's not all that fun.
Ultimately I want to live near the market. But another year of what? I won't be able to afford to buy anything in a year either. I make around $25k a year, have crap credit, and have no savings or assets.
smile.gif
This is all lottery money I'm spending here.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain man. I want to get into my own place so badly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Man, that is some expensive real estate, on a per foot basis!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Man, that is some expensive real estate, on a per foot basis!
The average list price for condos in seattle is $424 a sq ft. The average sale is $334 a sq ft. Those are pretty reasonably priced condos. Especially for being in more "desirable" areas.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I feel your pain man. I want to get into my own place so badly.

Yeah, but how old are you?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The average list price for condos in seattle is $424 a sq ft. The average sale is $334 a sq ft.

Those are pretty reasonably priced condos. Especially for being in more "desirable" areas.

I know Seattle is one of the more expensive cities, and city centers always run at a premium. I'm just a small timer, hoping to get my new construction for about $140-150 sq ft.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I know Seattle is one of the more expensive cities, and city centers always run at a premium. I'm just a small timer, hoping to get my new construction for about $140-150 sq ft.

Jeez, what are they making your house out of, cardboard?
smile.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you looked into those apartments downtown that only rent to working professionals making under $50k? They're pretty cheap.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Have you looked into those apartments downtown that only rent to working professionals making under $50k? They're pretty cheap.
I've looked into low income apartments through Capitol Hill Housing. They are still $575 and up for a studio. Which is too much. Plus they run a background check, which means that I probably won't be getting in.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys find that so surprising. How much does a top floor view condo downtown whereveryoulive go for per square foot?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
$360K for 823 square foot?
plain.gif

Properties in that neighborhood tend to be more expensive as it's where all of the famous hospitals and research centers are located.

Just going back to look at the listings, all of those other condos are on ****** blocks to live on. The one on 3rd is on the crack corner, the one on 4th is above the park with the protesters, hippies, and homeless people, and the one on 1st is right next to the Hwy 99 off ramp.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
How much does a penthouse level condo downtown whereveryoulive go for per square foot?
There's a penthouse level condo in my building open for rent right now. The previous owner defaulted, and they're renting it out at $1400 a month with parking including. I was like OMG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads