• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find me a bike

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not what you're looking for but I like it

used_biomega_cream_l.jpg

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkw
Remember, you can get disc brakes on a cyclox, and trus me those make a hell of a difference.
You can also get by with 28c tires, for most uses, including your dirt trail, as long as it isnt loose. 32cs might be useful, but either way, as long as it has a bit of knobbliness, you should be fine

Edit, that's a sexy bike lake wolf... I'm very jealous
bounce2.gif
it's actually jaw droppingly beautiful

Here are some of mine...

n616715636_188995_2554.jpg

n616715636_189002_4862.jpg

Ahhh Bianchi ....

now you are talking about my true love
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

here is mine

PICT0636.jpg

inlove.gif

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of these (Trek 2100): http://www.hodsonsbay.com/images/otherimages/2100-s.jpg for excercise and having fun.

I have a A Rocky Mountain Stratos that I barely ride at all anymore (do they even make hard tail MTB's anymore?).

And I am about to pull the trigger on one of these: http://www.norco.com/bikes/city-and-...io-vista-mens/ to go to the store and such. Need that chain guard for the grocery getter.

Moral of the story is there is really no bike that will do everything you want. But, the best way to go for an all rounder is something like the first one posted.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought my daughter one of these:
mt220_girlsblue.jpg

She is nearly ten, but hasn't learned to ride a bike and yesterday was day-one of trying, without training wheels. I am now one step closer to pulling the trigger on one of my own.

I am torn between spending a few hundred bucks on a decent bike that I will replace if I stick with it, or just pulling the trigger on one of these:
7.jpg
or these:
HB_52_SV_BARE.jpg

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am torn between spending a few hundred bucks on a decent bike that I will replace if I stick with it, or just pulling the trigger on one of these:

If you're reasonably certain that you'll upgrade, then I don't think there's much sense not getting the bike you want, if you can. That will make it more likely that you'll use it.

Also, how did your daughter get to be 10 without learning to ride?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
If you're reasonably certain that you'll upgrade, then I don't think there's much sense not getting the bike you want, if you can. That will make it more likely that you'll use it. Also, how did your daughter get to be 10 without learning to ride?
We lived in a neighborhood without many large parks and a lot of street traffic.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry
confused.gif

My road bike is sitting around not getting much use at all because I'm in a much less convenient riding area than I was when I bought it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey

7.jpg
or these:
HB_52_SV_BARE.jpg

Those Rivendells are kind of cool in an old school Fredilicious sort of way.

One thing I regret is not spending more when getting back into cycling.
If you think you'll stick with it, go for broke and get something nice.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Those Rivendells are kind of cool in an old school Fredilicious sort of way. One thing I regret is not spending more when getting back into cycling. If you think you'll stick with it, go for broke and get something nice.
Enablers like you and philosoph are just what I was looking for. A Waterford built frame in this color is likely what I am going get:
Jay4.jpg
It is a bit lighter in color than the frame I posted above. I am still thinking about the setup, but I am leaning towards cushy over speedy, except that I like downtube friction shifters rather than index bar end. But that is habit and perhaps I will be talked out of it. Some lugwork photos:
richAHH55shifters.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads