• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find me a bike

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see you guys like the retro stuff what about a retro-hipster but well done ?
green-hornet02-001.jpg
You'd look great on a trench coat a hat and this bike....

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
That is the kind of frame I like, though I can't see the point of a fixed gear on it.
me neither, it would be great with touring gears, but it is on the "hip" single speed frenzy
facepalm.gif
anyway it is indeed beautiful

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they are just trying to recommend you buy the new CrocsxUggsxSIDI collab for your comfortable winter biking needs.
crudi.jpg
EDIT: oh sure mods...delete the spam posts so that they no longer provide context for my joke

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enablers like you and philosoph are just what I was looking for. A Waterford built frame in this color is likely what I am going get: It is a bit lighter in color than the frame I posted above. I am still thinking about the setup, but I am leaning towards cushy over speedy, except that I like downtube friction shifters rather than index bar end. But that is habit and perhaps I will be talked out of it. Some lugwork photos:
That looks great. Nothing wrong with a nice comfortable ride. Don't know why you'd want downtube shifters, though, except for nostalgia or aesthetic reasons. Reminds me of the summer I rode my dad's old, old Peugeot. I didn't bother to get it tuned up first, and the shifters only kept enough tension to hold two gears, or three if I held it in position while I rode. The leather seat was so dried-out that it was like hard plastic, so I duct-taped some foam moulding over it. It was ghetto-fabulous, and I'd get strange looks from the geared-up roadies who ruled the roads at early hours. Anyway, I much prefer not having to move my hands to shift.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I think they are just trying to recommend you buy the new CrocsxUggsxSIDI collab for your comfortable winter biking needs.
crudi.jpg
EDIT: oh sure mods...delete the spam posts so that they no longer provide context for my joke

Those are the most ridiculous bike shoes I've seen in my life

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done. Here is a closeup of the brakes, but I am really showing it for, again, the lugs.
15-026_sitesilveronbke.JPG
This frame should be similar to mine:
Grant_s_AHH_full.jpg
And this is from a slightly different run and with a different setup:
richAHH55whole.jpg

really nice, Do you do loaded touring dopey ? or it is only for commuting.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Those are the most ridiculous bike shoes I've seen in my life

I'm glad you appreciate all of the hard work I put into designing them

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I'm glad you appreciate all of the hard work I put into designing them
I though it was the genius work of Eric Glennie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads