• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids in Bodybuilding...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
i agree with you...but i also know plenty of guys who take steroids for quick results...they party all night,have **** diets and no dedication

And your point is? There are people who use firearms to shoot cops, is that an accurate representation of all gun owners?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
You're the only sad thing I see around here, see my post above. You're clearly uneducated on this subject, and your assumptions are way off base. When I did my first cycle, I hardly had a social life because I was eating all day and couldn't drink or party. I gave up a lot of things because I didn't want to be away from home because I didn't want to miss a meal. I got up in the middle of the night every night to eat. I trained ****** off in the gym. I worked for every bit of muscle I gained.

Wow. Another totally impartial and credible source.
frown.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
You've got to be kidding me. Do a google search and read something other than a bodybuilding forum. Steroid takers tend to be the guys who couldn't hack it in high school sports. Maybe they started taking them then, but inevitably they are the kids who weren't as good as the talented kids. Rather than either accepting their situation or working hard at actually training they took the easy way out and cheated. Most of the time the results aren't even that impressive from a sports standpoint because just being bigger doesn't make you superior to a talented athlete even in a sport like football. The adults who do steroids are pretty similar. Vain to the extreme, they "bodybuild" for vanity rather than fitness- an illusion of health and masculinity since they are basically destroying their kidneys and joints while subjecting themselves to a host of disgusting side effects including literally shrinking ********. These pro-steroid rants aren't uncommon where guys claim that steroids are the fountain of youth or compare steroids to smoking pot. Both of those assertions are so absurd I am not even going to dignify them with a response.
This post solidifies my assumption that you have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like an after school special. The negative health effects of steroids are drastically over exaggerated, and are mostly associated with oral steroids and the abuse of steroids in general. The negative health effect I experienced from my cycle was a temporary slight increase of blood pressure, due to my rapid weight gain, not the steroids. Oh, that and I put on 25lbs in 10 weeks
smile.gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me. Do a google search and read something other than a bodybuilding forum.

Steroid takers tend to be the guys who couldn't hack it in high school sports. Maybe they started taking them then, but inevitably they are the kids who weren't as good as the talented kids. Rather than either accepting their situation or working hard at actually training they took the easy way out and cheated. Most of the time the results aren't even that impressive from a sports standpoint because just being bigger doesn't make you superior to a talented athlete even in a sport like football.

The adults who do steroids are pretty similar. Vain to the extreme, they "bodybuild" for vanity rather than fitness- an illusion of health and masculinity since they are basically destroying their kidneys and joints while subjecting themselves to a host of disgusting side effects including literally shrinking ********. These pro-steroid rants aren't uncommon where guys claim that steroids are the fountain of youth or compare steroids to smoking pot. Both of those assertions are so absurd I am not even going to dignify them with a response.

Why is wanting to be bigger/stronger just for the sake of being bigger/stronger less valid than wanting to be better at sports? We don't hunt for our own food anymore, so being athletic is in the end (unless it's how you earn your living) just about vanity as well.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
And your point is? There are people who use firearms to shoot cops, is that an accurate representation of all gun owners?

no,but you implied that most steroid users are all dedicated

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with roids, it's just human/technological evolution.
unfortunately kunk is right,i have seen guys with average genetics achieve amazing results btw biggest giveaway of steroid use is overdeveloped traps
And the distended abs

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wrong. distended abs are the sign of HGH overuse.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
wrong. distended abs are the sign of HGH overuse.

this is why you dont see distended abs in the good old days of arnold,zane and surge nubret

even dexter jackson has got them

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, and golf-ball sized navels. aesthetics have gone by the wayside in the modern incarnation of pro bodybuilding.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ronnie got a lot of crap when he came in at 298lbs (forget what year it was) in competition shape. His gut was big, but he was incredibly massive.

Ronald

Reaction score
As long as there are substances that allow people to take a shortcut, they will be used. That's sad but it's a fact.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ for some it is a shortcut. For others it is a different, otherwise unaccessable trail.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with pro-hormones/ test boosters they sell at supplement stores? Is that all marketing BS?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me. Do a google search and read something other than a bodybuilding forum.

Steroid takers tend to be the guys who couldn't hack it in high school sports. Maybe they started taking them then, but inevitably they are the kids who weren't as good as the talented kids. Rather than either accepting their situation or working hard at actually training they took the easy way out and cheated. Most of the time the results aren't even that impressive from a sports standpoint because just being bigger doesn't make you superior to a talented athlete even in a sport like football.

The adults who do steroids are pretty similar. Vain to the extreme, they "bodybuild" for vanity rather than fitness- an illusion of health and masculinity since they are basically destroying their kidneys and joints while subjecting themselves to a host of disgusting side effects including literally shrinking ********. These pro-steroid rants aren't uncommon where guys claim that steroids are the fountain of youth or compare steroids to smoking pot. Both of those assertions are so absurd I am not even going to dignify them with a response.

I'd say that the assertions and sweeping generalizations you make tend to the absurd as well. This kind of rant reminds me of the attitudes some people have about subcultures they don't understand, like BDSM or hell, even fitness in general. It's like this 300 lb obese guy I know who says that the only reason people get into fitness is because they're too vain and dissatisfied with their bodies and lives so they find some artificial way to tamper with a body that's gonna break down anyway.

Point is people get into roids for different reasons. People get into fitness for different reasons. Hell, people *********** for different reasons. For some people the cost of shrinking ******** is worth the payoff. Just because you think it's terrible doesn't mean everyone else does. Personally I wouldn't ever touch roids but that's because of my own personal philosophy, and to judge people who take them with a wide and heavyhanded net of assumptions is just narrow-mindedness.

Then again, if I was 300 lbs and fat and sitting on ****** all day, I'd be dissatisfied. So what?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is why you dont see distended abs in the good old days of arnold,zane and surge nubret

even dexter jackson has got them

I'll admit that I don't know much about how steroid use has developed over time, but I know that if given a choice, I'd rather look like those guys than ronnie coleman. Man's arms are so big he can't even put on his own squat suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads