• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion

skunkworks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
did you get your normal size? i'm slender (40/42 jacket), but def. not scrawny. i'm wondering if it would be worth trying a small since i really like the look of it and am still on the hunt for a wintery jacket.

I'm a medium in most things and take a 38 jacket for most brands (5'10", 155-160). I think trying the small size is worth it. You won't have problems with the sleeves or waist, but the pit & shoulders may be an issue depending on how broad/thick you are up top. I have stick limbs but my torso is a bit bigger, and my small size field jacket has enough room for me to maneuver around.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there willing to help me (an Australian) pick up a Thomas Mason shirt to add on to their order? And then ship it to me?
smile.gif
Think about it - my $50 shirt could help bring you quite a bit closer to getting free shipping (for orders >$150)!!
smile.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Man, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that sales are consistently better in-store than online. I just picked up a shirt that was $40-20% online, but $30-30% in-store. That's happened a few times recently.

The store receipt included in the package that arrived today had it at $20-30%. I <3 J. Crew.

LDawg

Reaction score
Does anybody have the Officer's Topcoat? If so, can you chime in on quality and fit? Thanks in advance!

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone can find me either of these in size small, I would be so grateful: L-R: Secret wash Cedar tartan, Featherweight flannel Winston tartan.
secretwashbuttondownshirtincedartar.jpg
featherweightflannelshirtinwinstont.jpg

skunkworks

Reaction score
The Cedar tartan should be very easy to find; the Winston tartan I've been bonking myself over the head for not picking this up when I could've. If someone else finds a small of that, I will give you an internet medal.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found both searching through all the NYC stores but never in size small =(

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah, I've got the cedar in M. I've bought like 5 J.Crew featherwieght flannels recently, I love them and want to get more but don't think I need THAT many plaid shirts....

Bluedog

Reaction score
Anyone seen this shirt in stores in a size L?

Or how about an alternative dark green buffalo plaid shirt?

Martin1980swe

Reaction score
Hello!
Could someone help me to buy a Feather Weight flannel Winston Tartan in medium and send to Sweden. I can pay extra!
Thanks / Martin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads