• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
3 piece boot tress were a special request...and costly (don't ask me)

Thanks. I thought so. I've seen the prices for the bespoke trees and I presume that's what you've paid. I haven't seen them elsewhere. The reason I asked is that I've got a pair of Wigmore's on the way - I've ordered the standard ones...

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomrakewell
... wonder what you think of these Grenson Masterpieces for Paul Stuart:

I have the same boot, but 8139.257 is written instead of 8139.235, perhaps to signify a different upper material? Mine are a more uniform chestnut brown - it looks like yours are a more antiqued leather. Mine are a US 10D too, I'm usually a UK9E/F and these fit well but are the most elongated of shoes. I've been looking out for a pair in black for a long time now...

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
I have the same boot, but 8139.257 is written instead of 8139.235, perhaps to signify a different upper material? Mine are a more uniform chestnut brown - it looks like yours are a more antiqued leather. Mine are a US 10D too, I'm usually a UK9E/F and these fit well but are the most elongated of shoes. I've been looking out for a pair in black for a long time now...

Don't know about the leather, but mine is definitely an antiqued brown. Despite the fact that I usually wear UK9.5 E/F in Derbies and mostly UK 10 in Oxfords, these fit perfectly and I actually like the elongated last quite a bit :)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom - Nice stuff. I have the same ones in an antique dark brown/suede combo. They're very fun and stylish. They do have an elongated last, but with larger almost boot fit style pants they work very well. I'll get some pictures up come the New Year.

Best,
David

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomrakewell
Don't know about the leather, but mine is definitely an antiqued brown. Despite the fact that I usually wear UK9.5 E/F in Derbies and mostly UK 10 in Oxfords, these fit perfectly and I actually like the elongated last quite a bit :)

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Tom - Nice stuff. I have the same ones in an antique dark brown/suede combo. They're very fun and stylish. They do have an elongated last, but with larger almost boot fit style pants they work very well. I'll get some pictures up come the New Year.

Best,
David

Just out of interest what sort of shoe / boot trees do you use? My standard size 9 trees are too big for the boot, and I'd like to look after them better...

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Just out of interest what sort of shoe / boot trees do you use? My standard size 9 trees are too big for the boot, and I'd like to look after them better...

I use standard size 9 Bexley cedar shoe trees and stuff a piece of cloth loosely into the shaft to keep it in shape. I know this is probably not ideal, but it works pretty well for now.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They actually gave me free shoe trees stamped Phineas Cole which was very kind of them. It's a great tree that takes up the entire toe area. It resembles the one at the bottom of the page here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=34583 I should probably just stuff the ankle areas with newspaper to keep them in place. Perhaps I'll go do that now since I'm working from home today... Best, David

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Disagree. There is a lot to be said for combat boots, but I prefer these.

You mean like these? They look cool for ceremonies with dress uniforms, but suck for their intended purpose-jumping out of airplanes. I don't know how the guys in WWII did it. I wouldn't want to wear them with a business suit.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
You mean like these? They look cool for ceremonies with dress uniforms, but suck for their intended purpose-jumping out of airplanes. I don't know how the guys in WWII did it. I wouldn't want to wear them with a business suit.

So, what you need are your Corcoran balmorals for this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads