• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWT Archive - Favorite Fits 2nd Half 07

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
this reads like a let me be your friend im new. many of those pics of the regs are far from memorable.

The title reads favorite, not memorable. (I assume) that you are free to post your own.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
(I assume) that you are free to post your own.

Of course, and like you said earlier it really does say more about the person posting their favorites than it does about the merit of the individual fits.

I started out going back to see if there really was any difference in the 'quality' and quantity of the pictures posted now as opposed to, for example, a year ago. Seems to me there was just as much garbage then as there is now - blurry pictures, dirty rooms/mirrors, horrible lighting, etc. Though, there did seem to be more pictures per page.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Seems to me there was just as much garbage then as there is now - blurry pictures, dirty rooms/mirrors, horrible lighting, etc.

It's true and I am unfortunately a victim of this, but I have no idea how to fix it.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I have no idea how to fix it.
Really? 1. Get a good camera 2. Get a clean room 3. Get a clean mirror 4. Get better lighting Not that I will be doing any of those things before finals are over, but I at least have an idea what needs to be done.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Really?
1. Get a good camera
2. Get a clean room
3. Get a clean mirror
4. Get better lighting

Not that I will be doing any of those things before finals are over, but I at least have an idea what needs to be done.

1.) Low on money, and I have no idea what constitutes a good camera.
2.) I live in a dorm, some areas of the room are not mine.
3.) Understandable, but there's also a current situation where we have no place to put the mirror so it gets shuffled from place to place often (as you might be able to tell if you've seen some of my
WAYWT)
4.) I have no idea what constitutes "better" lighting either.

Sorry to derail the thread but that's pretty generic advice that's not useful. It's like saying...

1.) Get nice jeans
2.) Get shirts that fit
3.) Wear colors that compliment you

...which is not helpful to someone who has no knowledge on clothing/style.

PS: Sorry if my tone sounds rude, I am not trying to be.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
1.) Low on money, and I have no idea what constitutes a good camera. 2.) I live in a dorm, some areas of the room are not mine. 3.) Understandable, but there's also a current situation where we have no place to put the mirror so it gets shuffled from place to place often (as you might be able to tell if you've seen some of my WAYWT) 4.) I have no idea what constitutes "better" lighting either. Sorry to derail the thread but that's pretty generic advice that's not useful. It's like saying... 1.) Get nice jeans 2.) Get shirts that fit 3.) Wear colors that compliment you ...which is not helpful to someone who has no knowledge on clothing/style. PS: Sorry if my tone sounds rude, I am not trying to be.
It's not nearly as complicated as dressing yourself. Really it's only two steps. First: Go outside on a slightly overcast day. Natural lighting will improve your photographs 100x. Second: Any digital camera that cost you more than $20 dollars should have a self-timer--set it, put your camera on a table or some other stable surface...and bam...less crappy photos. edit: whodini beat me to it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I've been over this. Cheapmutha when he used to post consistent good pictures did it on a super cheap target camera and would just set it up on a chair or the ground angled up outside. His pics looked great. The best way to not take bad pics is to just go outside.

Besides Diddy, socal, and fuuma's pics the others are kinda meh. When i have more time i might post some others i liked.

lol @ jet. Cute comforter, g.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I find this interesting because it gives me more a sense of your own styles and tastes.

Agreed. I could imagine Pink Pantser himself wearing most of these, and I can see how these aesethetics influenced him in a good way.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Besides Diddy, socal, and fuuma's pics the others are kinda meh. When i have more time i might post some others i liked. lol @ jet
+1. Fuuma is one of my favorite WAYWT posters straight up - don't cheat yourself either Chrono, you've got some cool ****.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its interesting to see what changes peeps in general, and myself specifically have undergone in a year+. I wouldnt wear any of those "fits" today myself, but others, like Timpoblete, Baron and others still looks nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads