• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Groupthink or Connoisseurs' Consensus?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I have to leave but doesn't it go like this: A&S: Italians likey, Italians develop a fashion industry (Chanel used to say Italians couldn't make clothing for ****, how things have changed), Italian adopt a sort of soft tailoring inspired by A&S, big guns like Armani emerge.

I think that the Italians who adapted Scholte did so nearly in historical parallel with A&S.

- B

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
A&S is definitely upper class in a way Corvato is not. Upper class read as tradition bound in spite of actual quality, slovenly, unkempt and uncaring of what anyone thinks about them. Class to burn and clothes to with it
wink.gif

Scuffed, resoled navy blue shoes...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
A&S is definitely upper class in a way Corvato is not. Upper class read as tradition bound in spite of actual quality, slovenly, unkempt and uncaring of what anyone thinks about them. Class to burn and clothes to with it
wink.gif

OK, what about this "slovenly" or "unkempt"?

p1020217ds4.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Ask you wife to take the pic, I used to think this suit was messed up but realized you were just raising your arm to take the picture. Probably looks tops.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Grimslade saw that suit in action last night. He can give you a rundown on its poor quality, slovenliness, and unkempitude.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Grimslade saw that suit in action last night. He can give you a rundown on its poor quality, slovenliness, and unkempitude.

You should watch "Two jakes", Nicholson's collars are so wide they reach his arms.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife has this tendency to get into the tastes and aesthetics of wherever we are traveling. Lets say Hawaii, for instance: she would never, not in a million years, buy a necklace made of shells or coconut fiber here in the states because she would think it is hideous. Put her in Hawaii for 5 days and she'll be brainwashed to start liking all this ****. Put her in San Antonio, Texas, and she'll come home with turquoise Wrangler jeans and a belt buckle the size of a salad plate.

I consider that "group-think".

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
wink.gif

poar01_princecharles0705.jpg

Do you recognize the club?

How about the tailor?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

The last two are usually T4phages department.

Well done.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Scuffed, resoled navy blue shoes...

Used castles, decrepit palazzos, chateau with worn stone, acres of unmown lawns, whole forests allowed to mature wild...

...boar roaming free to be shot.

So not midtown.

- B

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The last two are usually T4phages department.

Well done.

- B

To do otherwise is to draw the leery eye of "teh ****"...

and this thread hurts my head
brb weed.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
To do otherwise is to draw the leery eye of "teh ****"...

and this thread hurts my head
brb weed.

Are you working in Kary Mullis' lab or something?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Are you working in Kary Mullis' lab or something?

I left when he tried to get my DNA for the theoretical MCB top deck cards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads