• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hip-Hop Jams You're Feeling Right Now

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
T.I - Swagga Like Us (with kanye, jay and wayne)

I was actually really disappointed by this. Beat is uninspired. Damn autopitch gets on my nerves. Love them all separate, but when they get together...meh. Don't mind it, but I feel like they really underperformed with this one.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
I was actually really disappointed by this. Beat is uninspired. Damn autopitch gets on my nerves. Love them all separate, but when they get together...meh. Don't mind it, but I feel like they really underperformed with this one.

I have no idea why, but it sounds alright to me, while in my heart i know it sucks.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Paper Planes. Probably why Swagga Like Us sounds decent enough for me.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
ADH and ED....now we're talking, throw in a little Leaders of the New School....and we have a party

I was just listening to A Future Without a Past this past weekend. Classic stuff.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Cant stop bumping the We got it 4 Cheap series. So boosted for a new album to drop soon!

i think we'll be lucky to see anything from The Clipse in the near future...what a shame too

ADH

Reaction score
Thank God Southern and edmoral know what's up. I love that old **** but I was unfortunate enough to have been born in '85, so I along with many others have suffered through some terrible hip-hop in the recent years.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ADH
Thank God Southern and edmoral know what's up. I love that old **** but I was unfortunate enough to have been born in '85, so I along with many others have suffered through some terrible hip-hop in the recent years.

Well, I know what's up, nupe thinks Jay-Z is ttill good and I'm not into the whole Houston scene (Who is Mike Jones? Who cares.)

I keep asking myself, where is this generation's Slick Rick? Entertaining, great story teller. I mean, how does Jim Jones have a career in rap?
confused.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick Ross is this generation's Slick Rick.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I keep asking myself, where is this generation's Slick Rick? Entertaining, great story teller. I mean, how does Jim Jones have a career in rap?
confused.gif

A more difficult question is who is this generation's Rakim?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Rick Ross is this generation's Slick Rick.

What!?!?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Well, I know what's up, nupe thinks Jay-Z is ttill good and I'm not into the whole Houston scene (Who is Mike Jones? Who cares.)

confused.gif

You don't count either you like Pitbull.
smile.gif

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
-Eminem - If I Get Locked up Tonight

This came out a few years ago on a funkmaster flex tape, but I think it's one of the best songs Eminem ever did (produced by Dre obviously.) This is Detox grade material here, I can't believe it was relegated to a mixtape.

Not produced by Dr. Dre, it doesn't sound anything like what he was doing at that time. I'm pretty sure it's produced by Rockwilder, and that's what ProdBy says as well: http://www.prodby.altervista.org/alb...m=The%20Tunnel

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Story telling is a lost art, something even the Fresh Prince was able to do. The majority of rappers today, prefer to ap about the things they have. As for today, the only few I can think of that occasionally do a track with a story line are: Nas and Scarface, and they tend to be dark and violent, unlike Dana Dane or Slick Rick.

P.S. Edmorel A.K.A "Lil Wayne is the hottest", no one in Houston cares about Mike Jones, not even Mike Jones.
smile.gif

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads