• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you dress nice? You're probably gay!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no one at my college wears abercrombie/hollister etc, so i dont know what you're talking about -_-

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
she was probably just breaking your balls, i wouldnt worry about it.

"Why are you dressed so nice" comes with the territory of dressing nice in an era where most find all the reasons they can not to. Its a way for people to try and get to know that well dressed man they would like to be friends with, do business with, or possibly have a relationship with.

So take it as a good thing, since it is.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
I don't take offense to it cuz gay people are aight
laugh.gif

I love this.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive had it but dont really take it as an insult. either way, most gay people cant dress. i live in toronto so dont get that anywhere near as much as you probably do in butfuck winnipeg.

R-H

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamsnez
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada!
eh.gif

You need to adopt the Canadian Tuxedo w/Toque look if you want to fit into Winnipeg:

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
either way, most gay people cant dress.
agree.
i find they sport many ostentatious articles of clothing, and white belts! you don't like men if you don't own a white belt!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with a matching pair of white shoes from aldo. that go nicely with your flaired jeans.

Kohan

Reaction score
I think a good response to this is a simple "No, but if I were before I certainly wouldn't be now!"
Then compliment something beyond the obvious and you're good to go for flirtation.

Or, as an alternative, claim to be mildly offended and demand that she accompany you to dinner to make it up to you. Think Matt Damon in The Departed, but without the profanity. Or the ties to organized crime.

TrulySnob

Reaction score
Curious, I´m 30 and when I´m walking I hear tons of times.. Look, one gay! ( I´m not) but yes you´re right.

Otherwise, I prefer a " gay" as these as a bunch of "rednecks"? ( Sorry the dictionary gave me that word, I´m not shure if I´m using it right

ryans724

Reaction score
Ha, I live in Winnipeg too and your experiences are a daily occurance to me as well. That line mentioned seems to always illicit a favourable response.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had straight people ask if I'm gay; their assumptions are usually based on a pink oxford shirt or something of that nature.

Gays I've met know right away that I'm a Republican.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
I've had straight people ask if I'm gay; their assumptions are usually based on a pink oxford shirt or something of that nature.

Gays I've met know right away that I'm a Republican.

I would be interested to hear the Trad perspective on this.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
ive had it but dont really take it as an insult. either way, most gay people cant dress. i live in toronto so dont get that anywhere near as much as you probably do in butfuck winnipeg.

Where is THAT? They must all dress nice there

gsugsu

Reaction score
Well, when Winnipeg is mentioned, style rarely is included but when i lived there it did have a great collection of independent haberdashers. But like most all the best things in Winnipeg they remained unseen to the most casual of observers. How many times have you heard "I spent a few days in Winnipeg and there was nothing to do or see". You just have to look around. Anyway, it's no surprise that if you wear something other than white high tops, skinny leg jeans from Warehouse One and a short leather jacket over a hoodie or a Saan store plain shirt jacket someone would think you are gay. I'd pull the "I'll show you how gay I am" thing on women. Besides, Winnipeg women are easy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads