• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

fratstar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oh!Saka!
Care to elaborate? Otherwise, your post is essentially useless.

Sure:

Its too gaudy, asian, *takeapicture* (peace sign) style.

Find something more simple. Judging by the rhinestone belt and rhinestone t-shirt, you have a ways to go. Thats just my opinion.

Oh!Saka!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fratstar
Sure:

Its too gaudy, asian, *takeapicture* (peace sign) style.

Find something more simple. Judging by the rhinestone belt and rhinestone t-shirt, you have a ways to go. Thats just my opinion.

My apologies but I like flashier things.

It seems that many on this board are in love with Japanese denim and anything that remotely looks like it came out of a Men's Ex magazine.

If one is looking for a very well made pair of jeans lacking any extra designs, then J-denim is the way to go but if one also wants jeans that are more flashy, then Italian may be a better choice.

From what I have seen here in Osaka, Japanese denim isn't even that popular. There are *way* more people in Italian and local rock brands (that outsource to China) than in brands such as Flathead and Skull.

Generally, the Men's Ex style that resonates strongly on SF.net is only represented by a tiny fraction of the fashion-forward population here (ie, almost everyone).

Edit: I have a feeling you are *really* going to hate what I am wearing tomorrow.

datasupa

Reaction score
If you're in a position where it doesn't matter if most people think you look ludicrous then keep wearing the jeans, and more power to you.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good ******* god!

IMG_3243s.JPG

IMG_3245s.JPG

IMG_3246s.JPG

Here we go!

Again, got these in 2004 so I was bigger then so they are looser on me now but am no where ready to give them up however with the lack of functional back pockets, I don't wear these pants that often (I'm one of those extra-large-wallet carrying guys).

These are Richmond Denim jeans in size 33.

And yes, they say Lizard King on the back in alligator skin. Hate if you want.

Those are the shoes I wore today in the last pic -- Mark Nason's.

cookieoflife

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the alien baby head popping out of his back in the 2nd picture. And are you wearing a V-backed shirt?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And yes, they say Lizard King on the back in alligator skin. Hate if you want.

I will indeed hate.

Hate, hate, hate, hate.

Oh!Saka!

Reaction score
IMG_3257s.JPG

IMG_3261s.JPG

Good morning!

These are Agate Label (Japanese brand) in size 32.

The belt is also by them and the buckle is by another local Osaka brand.

Enjoy it or hate it--whatever floats your boat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads