• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup @ opening of The Sartorialist's photo show, NYC Jan 22

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is he a racist or just a snob full of preconceived views on the world?

PC or not PC ? That's the question....
Some people do like to ditch it but can't take it and that's the problem....
Never treat others in a different maneer than you will expect to be treated yourself...

The_Game07

Reaction score
LOL. I just read about the exhib and then see this thread. Assume you're all avid readers then
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Is he a racist or just a snob full of preconceived views on the world?

PC or not PC ? That's the question....
Some people do like to ditch it but can't take it and that's the problem....
Never treat others in a different maneer than you will expect to be treated yourself...

I wouldn't go far as calling him either of those unless I have proof. Them's fighting words.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think people are being a bit hard on the sartorialist. Many of his photos do celebrate stylistic values shared by members of this forum. There may be too tight a fit here and there or an ugly pair of shoes, but his general attitudes toward men's style seem like they should be fairly acceptable here, especially in comparison to other street style blogs.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually enjoy some of his photographs. However, the comment section is annoying as hell. Everyone acts like OC housewifes in their comments about the photograph. Frankly, I'd like to hear a dissenting opinion, as to why some of his photos really suck. Unfortunately, the guy blocked 1 of 6 comments I ever placed on his site. Not a good or nice dude. He's like the fashion nazi in a bunny, lovable, outfit.
sneaky2.gif

Don't even get me started on that Youtube video. The guy looks like a real jerk.

Originally Posted by acidicboy
Either he didn't like some of the opinions about his subjects then, or he doesn't have much love for SF and AAAC anymore.
frown.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So want to play dress up?

What do you most want to see me wear in person?

I wonder if he would be offended if others came and took pictures for their blogs at the opening.

heavyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I like how it is also "The Sartorialist" and not Scott Schulman.

Oh yah, I'll be there on the 22nd.

As with... Jay - Z : Sean Carter, Peter Parker : Spider Man...

I think his work is terrific (and his frequent flier miles must be outrageous)

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So want to play dress up?

What do you most want to see me wear in person?

I don't think we really want to see you...

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this guy is not just a fashion-show sideline's ass kisser, he is an "artiste" now
smile.gif
)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I saw on his thing right now that he was voted by Time Magazine as one of the top 100 Design Influencers...I'm sorry; but, Raf Simons, Tom Ford, Yohji Yamamoto and others are not looking at this site to get ideas from from.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
However, the comment section is annoying as hell. Everyone acts like OC housewifes in their comments about the photograph.

Coho, you hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. I used to read it everyday but for the last year or so the comment section has become too whiney and precious for my tastes. In fact I really don't like most of the comments. At least in the SF you are a bit more accountable for your opinions in that anyone can challenge them easily. On the Satorialist's blog, he edits/approves any posts, so there is only nominal controversy or challenges to any statements people make.

At the same time, I still admire Scott for coming up with the idea and making it work. He has captured the interest of an international audience and delivers a quality, consistent blog. It just isn't as relevant to me anymore.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhaacai0ne88