• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^It wouldn't but like the other weekly album thread some asshole will forget it's their turn and the thread will die.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. "Time Machine," by Big K.R.I.T. Fantastic ****.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Can't see the link, but Big K.R.IT. is doing big thingggs.

So anyone have any shows lined up? I'm trying to make up for a lifetime of missing concerts, so I'm checkin' out Blu in April, Mac Miller in May, and Joe Beezy in June.

Joey is probably my favorite, but I have a feeling the concert is gonna suck. Either way, I figure I should give it a shot.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Week beginning 3/28 is... Illmatic week DL Link Please listen to Nas' Illmatic twice in its entirety and be prepared to discuss it. I don't care if you've heard it a million times. There's a very good chance that you haven't actively listened to it in years.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you put a link to said thread in your sig

I was about 10-11 when this album came out, and living in Jamaica, Queens. Very dear album to me, will def talk a bit about it & hopefully provide some insights on its context

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
The Week beginning 3/28 is...

Illmatic week

DL Link

Please listen to Nas' Illmatic twice in its entirety and be prepared to discuss it. I don't care if you've heard it a million times. There's a very good chance that you haven't actively listened to it in years.

Classic album. Takes me back to Timbs and Army suits. Makes me want to visit the Army/Navy everytime I listen to it.

Sneak a UZI on the island in my army jacket linin'

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visualizin the realism of life and actuality
**** who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is, money orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as five percenters
But somethin must of got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some, restin in peace and some are sittin in San Quentin
Others such as myself are tryin to carry on tradition
Keepin the schwepervesence street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
but as long as we leavin thievin we'll be leavin with some kind of dough
so, and to that day we expire and turn to vapors
me and my capers-ll be somewhere stackin plenty papers
Keepin it real, packin steel, gettin high
Cause life's a ***** and then you die

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Illmatic...

I feel lucky to have been near the epicenter of it all. I remember the first time I heard Nas- it was on a mixtape someone gave my sister. It was the "The World Is Yours" Q Tip remix. We would play that **** over and over and ride around. I was only about 11 then and for a long time I thought Mic Geronimo (who had two of my favorite rap songs ever) was a better emcee.

I grew to appreciate Illmatic more when it got re-released w/those remixes during my music gluttony phase in college. I think I revisited it when Stillmatic dropped. It's a solid, solid disc, of course w/a lot of history & context. These days when I find myself on the F train riding past the Queensbridge stop I try to throw Illmatic on. It's a time capsule that is still relevant in its technical brilliance.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
My thoughts on Illmatic...

I feel lucky to have been near the epicenter of it all. I remember the first time I heard Nas- it was on a mixtape someone gave my sister. It was the "The World Is Yours" Q Tip remix. We would play that **** over and over and ride around. I was only about 11 then and for a long time I thought Mic Geronimo (who had two of my favorite rap songs ever) was a better emcee.

Mic Geronimo was seriously underrated in those days, I was a big fan.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
Mic Geronimo was seriously underrated in those days, I was a big fan.
The problem was, and I didn't realize until years later, he was blatantly sharking Nas' stee. As a kid watching Rap City I would get the two of them confused. I think I saw a Mic G video before I saw anything by Nas, so in a way I thought Mic G came out before Nas
lol8[1].gif
He was nice though, just fell off majorly w/the second album. I don't see the big deal w/biting when the music is good. Nas, Rae, and I'm sure Big all borrowed from each other. "No Idea's Original"

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who isn't listening to Big K.R.I.T.'s Return of 4Eva album right now is ******* up.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziopioyer