• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it was a great idea. Watches are such subjective pieces of jewelry that what is poor for one man could be rich for another.

But either way, as long as we're not going into the PP/VC/ALS territory (unless they are thrifted or inexpensive vintage, of course), this thread could be a valuable source of affordable, good quality watches for those that do not understand splurging inordinate sums of money on them.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sane owner of a Rolex knows owning an Omega does not make you poor. Anyone trying to ellicit such a response from someone clearly has issues. Omega is not a poor man's watch. End of story. I think this is a valuable thread, though. There are many fine watches out there that are not in the (price) league of the Patek's, Rolexes, Omegas etc. and should be highlighted/shown off as much as those more illustrious examples.

jussumguy

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best brand for around 1000~2500 dollars? I was thinking Raymond Weil but wondering what else is out there?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After searching fruitlessly for a Seiko Blue Spark I am seriously considering ordering a Seiko Riki and having blue hands put on. Thoughts?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jussumguy
Can anyone recommend the best brand for around 1000~2500 dollars? I was thinking Raymond Weil but wondering what else is out there?

Hamilton, oris, sinn, Grand Seiko, omega etc. Take your pick
smile.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
After searching fruitlessly for a Seiko Blue Spark I am seriously considering ordering a Seiko Riki and having blue hands put on. Thoughts?

Thought you were looking at the Raymond Weil.
wink.gif

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Hamilton, oris, sinn, Grand Seiko, omega etc. Take your pick
smile.gif

I doubt you will pick up a Grand Seiko for that budget, unless you have in mind a quartz movement.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
seagull.png

Chinese military watch repro. Hand-wind chrono. $250.

Great looking watch. I remember seeing that exact one on eBay.
smile.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Thought you were looking at the Raymond Weil.
wink.gif

Someday
inlove.gif

I'm still trying to convince my wife I need another watch (she got me my Hamilton Jazzmaster for Christmas) So if I keep the price tag low, I may be able to pull off getting another watch
laugh.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bhall41
I doubt you will pick up a Grand Seiko for that budget, unless you have in mind a quartz movement.

Oops I was unwittingly looking at the quartz, I didn't realize the automatics went for that much!

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Any sane owner of a Rolex knows owning an Omega does not make you poor. Anyone trying to ellicit such a response from someone clearly has issues. Omega is not a poor man's watch. End of story.

Thank you very much for this comment TheWraith, I have been saying and singing all along since this thread started that it has nothing to do with a poor man's watch, but nobody seemed to back me off.

Good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way.

JRB

Reaction score
I've been looking at these, haven't had the time (ha, the time!
dozingoff.gif
) to figure what size I need. I have really small wrists, seems like nothing fits. I'm leaning towards the Citizen, with the stock band + a J. Crew band. But these area all on my wishlist: Invicta $75 Orient $100 Citizens $90 Stuhrling $70 Skagen $60

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Might pick this up for $140. I love the blue hands w/ white face watches.

28141sl.jpg

I like the look of this. Sort of wish the blues were a bit darker but I love my LP and would buy another.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus