1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Poor man's watch thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirGrotius, Feb 4, 2011.

1. kilohotel

kilohotel Member

lol.

mind elaborating?

2. btinl

btinl Senior member

mind elaborating?

This is the POOR MAN's watch tread. Although a Rolex Sub is arguably an entry-level fine watch, it is still far above the average price point within this thread.

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Always been a fan of the Tissot prc 200

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just can't decide to get the white face or blue face, I already have a fossil watch that is very simliar to the black face dial

4. kilohotel

kilohotel Member

This is the POOR MAN's watch tread. Although a Rolex Sub is arguably an entry-level fine watch, it is still far above the average price point within this thread.

Seeing Omega's I thought I'd share my entry-level watch [​IMG]

Oh wait, I might have a casio-calculater somewhere!

5. btinl

btinl Senior member

Seeing Omega's I thought I'd share my entry-level watch [​IMG]

Oh wait, I might have a casio-calculater somewhere!

LOL. Post that for sure.

6. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

me (right) wearing my trusty Submariner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    [​IMG]

+1.

8. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

+1.
    It would be great if it's an employment agency for waiters, though. Even then, I'd probably go with a white shirt.

9. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Wearing this Skagen right now. Works well with my skinny-ass wrists. I also have a similar one with a black face. Got both off Ebay at different times for < $80 each.

[​IMG]

I think I have this very watch in my shopping cart right now on Amazon. I have a very small wrist as well. What do you think of this watch, can you give me some thoughts after your purchase?

10. kilohotel

kilohotel Member

[​IMG]

is there something funny about the way I look on that picture [​IMG]

11. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

[​IMG]

Chinese military watch repro. Hand-wind chrono. $250.

[​IMG]

That looks great. What's the case diameter may I ask?

12. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

is there something funny about the way I look on that picture [​IMG]

Well, you are on a site called Styleforum. Ignoring the fact that you're posing for what looks like a professional photograph looking like a teenager with a stubble, both your outfits are terrible.

If it wasn't bad enough that you're both wearing black, you're also wearing matching shirts and trousers. And your friend is wearing cuff links, without a jacket or a tie. Your shirt cuffs need ironed, and the sleeves look too long. And both your outfits are bunching around the shoulders. And I am a little curious about the collar of your friend's shirt -- it looks a bit short.

13. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Well, you are on a site called Styleforum. Ignoring the fact that you're posing for what looks like a professional photograph looking like a teenager with a stubble, both your outfits are terrible.

If it wasn't bad enough that you're both wearing black, you're also wearing matching shirts and trousers. And your friend is wearing cuff links, without a jacket or a tie. Your shirt cuffs need ironed, and the sleeves look too long. And both your outfits are bunching around the shoulders. And I am a little curious about the collar of your friend's shirt -- it looks a bit short.

But don't take it too personally... at least you got paid!

14. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Always been a fan of the Tissot prc 200

Just can't decide to get the white face or blue face, I already have a fossil watch that is very simliar to the black face dial

I'm also a fan of this watch. And I tried it on(white face brown strap) at Macy's and I REALLY liked it.

Macy's price is $450...can get it online for $280 area.

Buying my first watch is a tougher decision than I ever thought it would be. LOL

15. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

[​IMG]

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Less talk more pictures please

17. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior member

Less talk more pictures please

+111111

18. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

+1

19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I should ditch my Omega for some of these watches. They look GREAT!

20. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

And please, no more posting of Omegas and Rolexes in this thread. Can't some of you get it in your heads, they are NOT poor man's watches!