• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do with old pictures of an ex

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
POAST THEM ON TEH INTERWEBS -- maybe..... HERE
I fix this for you!
wink.gif
Or is possible make this with the pictures:
fap.jpg

Sherlockian

Reaction score
She was a good friend of yours who died young. No shame in keeping the photos.

Plus, you can't predict now how you'll feel in, say, forty or fifty years' time. Chances are you'll be overjoyed to rediscover some forgotten old photos from your youth when you're sitting out on the porch in your rocking chair.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Keep them. Says something strange about a person if they delete all remembrances of time spent in the past.

I agree. I threw out photos and letters from two romances in I had in my late teens and early twenties. Nearly two decades later, I regret it terribly.

For better or worse, these experiences make us what we are. We all need some backstory: People who think only of the future must be very hollow indeed.

Plus, in thirty years I want to be like the grandfather in Hope & Glory, insisting his family join him in toasting all the women he ever loved!

ceaton

Reaction score
I keep them in the frame, in sequential order, behind the photo of my current.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
This is what scrapbooks and photo albums are for. Why not create one for your high school days and include the photos of her? I'm sure you have other keepsakes from that time.

NorCal

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
I found that the new girls dont like you having stuff around of the old girls, even if it was amicable, they dont care. I have tried unsucessfully to make this work several times.

This particular case, I was cleaning out a drawer, found an old wallet from HS with pictures of the ex in it. Her and I dated when I was in HS for about 3 years. We broke up on good terms, stayed really close, and continued to be friends untill she passed away about 3-1/2 years ago. Believe it or not, I still have several items of hers (HS was 11 years ago), a jacket and shirt that I still wear all the time. I dont want to get rid of that stuff because its sentimental and functional, but what do I do with these pictures. In a way I feel like getting rid of them would be disrespectful, but at the time I cant really justify carrying them around for the rest of my life either....

You can justify caring them around and you just did. As long as you're not sleeping with them or oddly fetishizing them your current GFs just need to deal. I have a very similar situation and I've kept all the items, and few are even visible (art work).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
+1.

Christ some of you people are assholes.

I completely agree.

You guys are making whack off jokes about someone's dead ex. Seriously. What the **** is wrong with you people?

Sure, I have mod powers, and that does not however give me the power to determine what is and is not funny...but **** that, I am going to do it anyhow.

There is absolutely nothing amusing in any way about masturbatory humor relating to the loss of a loved one and the grief of a fellow forum member. Absolutely nothing.

Completely completely out of line.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I completely agree.

You guys are making whack off jokes about someone's dead ex. Seriously. What the **** is wrong with you people?

Sure, I have mod powers, and that does not however give me the power to determine what is and is not funny...but **** that, I am going to do it anyhow.

There is absolutely nothing amusing in any way about masturbatory humor relating to the loss of a loved one and the grief of a fellow forum member. Absolutely nothing.

Completely completely out of line.

bigstar[1].gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i seriously hope the people making the fucked up jokes didnt read the initial post.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should send them to her surviving kin, I am sure they will appreciate it (unless they hate you).

For yourself, like someone said, keep the best one, delete the rest.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I keep all my pictures, ex's included. However, I don't tend to look at them.

Same here. Both of my serious relationships resulted in a lot of heartache, but I never considered tossing pictures, cards, etc. I just keep them in a box. A box that is never opened.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michealhardy