• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Fiddy

Reaction score
Getting ready to pick up some Beeswax DB's as a Christmas present for my Pop and was wondering if anyone knows who is currently offering the best deal on these?

Thanks guys...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StylingUK
I bought my DB about a year ago. Sized down 0.5 and treated it with mink oil. It made the boots darker which I like but it also made the leather very very soft. I can't imagine how the vamp would look like if I didn't use a shoe tree after every wear. And its slippery on wet pavements too and definitely not a pair of boots I would choose to wear in snow/ice conditions.

Its still a nice classic to keep in the rotation. I probably would not size down and just use water-repellent spray to treat it if I ever think of buying new ones. I have a pair of Timberland desert boot type that I did not size down (and just generally fits bigger) but they feel so much more comfortable when walking...but of coz they don't look anywhere as nice as the DB. So I kind of wonder if sizing down is the right option or not for desert boots.

Sizing down is kind of a misnomer, isn't it? I mean, a shoe size is only a guide. The manufacturer's printed shoe size number on the shoe may or may not match your actual foot size. So... you should just find the shoe that fits your foot.

seany

Reaction score
I got those golden brown Clarks at NYC about two weeks ago.

They are amazing looking. I posted pics a while back.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the burgundy would be my favorite colorway by Clarks but I can see the attraction.

seany

Reaction score
David Z in NYC has them in store. The guy at the register said the new colors have been flyin' outta the store.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
did you buy a detachable-soled boot?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down 1 and they fit perfect. These shoes run long in the toe box and are a tad narrow (I measure a 9D on brannock and 8s fit perfect, with maybe 1/4" room in front of the big toe, and my right shoe is a tad tight, but otherwise perfect lol) They are super comfy though.

Weird question but do the made in the UK ones size the same as the China ones or whatever? Im gonna buy another pair onlines in a different color but the ones I got are the older made in the UK ones marked 8 US. The website says to size up 1/2 but clearly thats wrong. (for me anyway)

Thanks!

Foxtrot56

Reaction score
I usually wear 9-9.5 and my feet are pretty wide so I get the 9.0 since I heard they run half a size large. They were far too small and painful to wear, thankfully free return shipping so it is no loss to me. These boots are pretty narrow too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackewew