• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epic raccoon
Can you vary the slant of jacket pockets (less than pictured on the site)?

yes, i actually requested jacket pockets at a slightly slanted angle (i sent jason this link for reference) for a dark navy worsted suit which according to google checkout shipped out yesterday
tinfoil.gif
i'll post pics once i receive and shower steam it

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunscreenboy
Please Critque my TaT suit so I can order better ones in the future
smile.gif

IMG_0326.jpg

Looks like you my want to shorten the trousers a tad. They seem to be breaking like a ghetto church suit in the front view. Could just be how you put them on, though.

And why you got so much nut-crunch creasing?! Have you been holding your knees up to your chest for extended periods of time, or what?

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MatthewN

Any other feedback is appreciated!

The jacket looks great, other than the curious bunching. The fabric looks fantastic!

My "other feedback" would be to tuck your pocket square in another .75", for sure. And lose the beard, but keep the mustache and grow a bottom lip tab. The beard looks too much like Ron Howard trying not to look like Richie Cunningham. A 'stache will make you look tough as steel.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kris
The jacket looks great, other than the curious bunching. The fabric looks fantastic!

My "other feedback" would be to tuck your pocket square in another .75", for sure. And lose the beard, but keep the mustache and grow a bottom lip tab. The beard looks too much like Ron Howard trying not to look like Richie Cunningham. A 'stache will make you look tough as steel.

Do you mean a soul patch?
Never ever recommend that to anyone

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Do you mean a soul patch?
Never ever recommend that to anyone

Hahaha. Not exactly. I mean in conjunction with a mustache. A robinhood combo, in other words. Not a stand alone soul patch, ever. Unless you like chunky square toed black shoes to go with your beltless khaki Dockers and blue haggar dress shirt from Mervyn's and mid 90's mountain bike.

MatthewN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kris
The jacket looks great, other than the curious bunching. The fabric looks fantastic! My "other feedback" would be to tuck your pocket square in another .75", for sure. And lose the beard, but keep the mustache and grow a bottom lip tab. The beard looks too much like Ron Howard trying not to look like Richie Cunningham. A 'stache will make you look tough as steel.
You'll have to forgive the facial hair... it's usually longer, but I shaved for Halloween to accommodate some full-face green makeup. That's also why the hair on the sides of my head is so long in comparison to the beard (I plan on getting a hair cut soon to balance it out). Before that I just had the beard, so this is my first time (ever!) trying out the moustache. I'll keep your feedback in mind, and maybe when it gets to my target length I'll post a photo in Health & Body to see what everyone thinks.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Wanted to give another plug for Jason and his great service. Just placed an order for the grey tweed jacket with orange windowpane. Will update with pics upon arrival!

Edited: Also, if he can put up with my incessant bugging/etc. it is a true testament to his great customer service.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ thanks man, I try to be as accomodating as possible.

a quick note...being end of Nov already, if anyone is trying to get a garment before Xmas you'll have to order real soon, preferably before this week's end otherwise it'll be 50/50 if you get it in time.

IronFist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
if anyone is trying to get a garment before Xmas you'll have to order real soon, preferably before this week's end otherwise it'll be 50/50 if you get it in time.

Is the "order" marked by the payment or the email that says "I want to order ...."?

highball

Reaction score
Damn, the classic herringbone tweed sold out already. Was going to order a Jacket in that as soon as I get paid.

Jason, if there's any chance of sourcing more of the same or any similar tweed in a black/taupe herringbone I'm sure there would be interest. I would order a jacket and probably pants in a heartbeat.

IronFist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
^^ payment

Thought so. As I haven't got the Google payment thing, yet and the last I heard of my suit was that the cloth is on it's way to the factory I have a thing to look forward to in 2010.
smile.gif

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS,

if TaT is your punk band, what stage is the band at now?

what's next? world tour? coke and whores? sell out to a major label?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monsieurcharlemagne