• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Three Piece Preference

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What type of three piece do you prefer? Lots of options here in terms of styling...I'm most curious about vest style and jacket button stance.

I'm thinking of a sb 2 button jacket, with a standard 6 button vest (four pockets) with flat front pants.

How about you?

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently don't own any but I like 3 piece double breasted with the jacket buttons open. Sure looks cool. A very English look I'd say. Not too sure about the hat.

86334758.jpg

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just watched the Avengers Movie again the one with Uma Thurman and noticed one of John Steeds suits had pinstripes running vertically on the jacket and horizontally on the coat. Any Feedback on this? i thought it looked pretty good

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
Just watched the Avengers Movie again the one with Uma Thurman and noticed one of John Steeds suits had pinstripes running vertically on the jacket and horizontally on the coat. Any Feedback on this? i thought it looked pretty good

johnsteedavengers.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only 3-piece:

270409_main.jpg

Alberts

Reaction score
I have a 3roll2 button 3 piece, which really was what I was looking for. Because of the 3roll2 the jacket closes a little lower, which in my opinion looks good with a vest underneath it. The same button stance can be achieved with a 2button, but they usually close a little higher. If you go mtm/bespoke, it's no problem.
Recently posted my 3 piece in waywt but here it is:

camo.jpg

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's one of those eccentricities that if you independently come up with it or and feel natural in it, it's fine. If you have to ask...

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

waistcoat i mean.

Rob_Sutherland

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted a dove grey sb suit with a db waistcoat. Something very dashing and dapper about look to me. I do love a db vest, but I think it's pretty hard to get away with...

I only have two 3 piece suits at the moment, a navy db with a fairly standard 6 button sb vest and a 3-roll-2 flannel with a very unique 4 button sb vest with a waist seam (pictured below).

27xgsy9.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
My only 3-piece:

270409_main.jpg

My feeling is that if you are going to go for the strong statement of a three-piece, you might as well do lapels on the waistcoat. Well done!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leathericonic