• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but to me this is HOT:
marianne_002.jpg
a0f211a3ec95864c.jpg
what.jpg

MexicanHat

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I always had a thing for girls in a blazer. Makes them look really sharp and sophisticated.

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
What do you like to see on a girl, clothing/style-wise? I think, women's clothing is such a completely different game than men's that it's really hard, as a man, to think about this. We tend to approach our clothing a bit more practically and calculatingly than a lot of girls do.

Generally, what I'd like to actually see on a girl is:

1) Clothing that hides her flaws. For example...if the girl has spindly legs, then sun dresses are a bad idea. If she's fat, she shouldn't wear tight jeans either.
2) Feminine clothing. Why do some women try so hard to be men? They should use what they have, which is ample and in some cases, pure kryptonite to 90% of all men. That being said, it's HOT to see women in guy-inspired clothes now and then.
3) Well fitted, comfortable clothes...which can run counter to existing fashion trends. It's hilarious what women will wear so that they can run with the crowd. Stop it please...men honestly don't care. I'm not going to chatup a girl just because she has 6" Manolo stillettos.
4) Colors. Really...black is BORING. No man alive can get away with wearing a hot pink tuxedo but a woman easily pulls it off in the female equivalent.
5) A smile. Stop looking so emo, bored, hostile, princessy...NOT attractive.

Specifically though, on the right girl, of course...I love

1) Lace blouses/trim
2) Mules
3) Well worn tightly fitted denim
4) Vintage pearls
5) Hot lipstick
6) Baby pink cashmere sweaters
7) Chokers

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Girls-

Please stop wearing fedoras, it doesn't matter how cute you are they still look stupid as **** on you.

Not to mention those marsupialed castro hats.

AAAAAoms0bsAAAAAACH4lA.jpg

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Specifically though, on the right girl, of course...I love

1) Lace blouses/trim
2) Mules
3) Well worn tightly fitted denim
4) Vintage pearls
5) Hot lipstick
6) Baby pink cashmere sweaters

Yes, especially 4 and 6

TheDroog

Reaction score
2) Feminine clothing. Why do some women try so hard to be men? They should use what they have, which is ample and in some cases, pure kryptonite to 90% of all men. That being said, it's HOT to see women in guy-inspired clothes now and then.

There's a good tension here that I'd like to see girls explore more often. Obviously if a girl's got a terrific body then tight dresses and jeans are winners. But to this day I still remember a casual outfit worn by a hot sophomore girl back in college. She wore a well-fitting tank top that showed off how toned she was; on the bottom she wore baggy green military fatigues that billowed when she walked, which simply reemphasized how damn skinny she was. It doesn't sound impressive when I describe it, but she definitely knew how mix and match skinny + baggy, male + female looks for a fit that totally worked for her.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2) Feminine clothing. Why do some women try so hard to be men? They should use what they have, which is ample and in some cases, pure kryptonite to 90% of all men. That being said, it's HOT to see HOTwomen in guy-inspired clothes now and then.

FTFY.

If a woman is cute and girly, then wearing butch clothing can be cute and fun and tomboyish. If a woman's appeal is more womanly and alluring, well, she'd be better going off that route.

Of course, the "oh, I just threw on my boyfriend's t-shirt" look can be sexy, but that's not necessarily the same thing as stylish.

But yeah, I met a girl in a bar who was wearing a Tar Heels sweat shirt and grody trainers. I was thinking, "Is it too hard to actually dress like a woman?"

4) Colors. Really...black is BORING. No man alive can get away with wearing a hot pink tuxedo but a woman easily pulls it off in the female equivalent.
I disagree, and point you back to examples in this thread. Black draws attention to fit/silouette/physique, and if the clothes and the woman all have that going for them, all-black can be an epic win.

5) A smile. Stop looking so emo, bored, hostile, princessy...NOT attractive.
Whenever my dad sees the Urban Outiftters catalog, he always remarks on how skinny the girls are, and how they all look like their dog just died.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My contribution to this thread:

phats.jpg

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDroog
There's a good tension here that I'd like to see girls explore more often. Obviously if a girl's got a terrific body then tight dresses and jeans are winners. But to this day I still remember a casual outfit worn by a hot sophomore girl back in college. She wore a well-fitting tank top that showed off how toned she was; on the bottom she wore baggy green military fatigues that billowed when she walked, which simply reemphasized how damn skinny she was. It doesn't sound impressive when I describe it, but she definitely knew how mix and match skinny + baggy, male + female looks for a fit that totally worked for her.

I have seen this before too, and it does look hot on the right girl. But, I would say she only looked hot, not well dressed. More to do with the girl, than the outfit IMO.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Less fashion, more style.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics