• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestown123

Reaction score
Tweed and nylon in kind of a tricky combination. I would say burgundy has the best chance of success as well.

benchan

Reaction score
Is it worth getting a Schott USA Peacoat(24 oz) version if I have a similar coat from Polo Blue label(made in Italy) one?

eddy98

Reaction score
Where can I get some printed tees? Since I'm still in highschool and it's hot as hell in Florida, printed tees make up much of my wardrobe. Any sites that sell them in XS or even XXS?

eddy98

Reaction score
^ I think that would defeat the whole purpose of a wedding. Shorts remind people of beaches and casual activites, a wedding isn't casual.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddy98
Where can I get some printed tees? Since I'm still in highschool and it's hot as hell in Florida, printed tees make up much of my wardrobe. Any sites that sell them in XS or even XXS?

Threadless has what you seek, though I haven't purchased anything from them since they switched over to their in-house brand of T-shirts, so I have no idea how they fit.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Can a guy with short legs wear white jeans? Will the white emphasis the shortness of the leg(legs are much shorter in proportion to the torso)?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Can a guy with short legs wear white jeans? Will the white emphasis the shortness of the leg(legs are much shorter in proportion to the torso)?

I don't see why it would.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Fred Perry or Ben Sherman or any other polo Brand other than Ralph Lauren/Lacost e for a tanned Asian man in his 50s?

Anyone?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the maker of mainline Marc Jacob shoes? Dress, not sneakers. All it says is "Made in Italy" and I know the retail is pricey (~600+).

eddy98

Reaction score
What is the sizing like at Club Monaco? Can't find a size chart anywhere and am looking for measurements on a XS tee or polo.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a really nice jacket, leaning mostly to a Julius since I really like my jackets to have a 2-way front zipper, so that rules out RO and a few other I've seen, my main problem is I never really heard of Julius prior to joining this board and dont have any retailers that carry it near me, so I'm a bit unsure of a few things:

- Size? from the measurements I've read online, it seems I'm between a size 1 and 2, and have zero hope of actually getting to try both sizes prior to purchasing it, size 1 might be a bit tight in the chest/shoulder/biceps but otherwise seems ok lengthwise, and size 2 just seems a bit too long on the sleeve and body although chest/shoulders/biceps would probably fit better then on size 1, any comments or suggestions?

- Where to kop? Should I wait for a good one here/sufu/sz, or should I just try a japan proxy, I've seen that they run about 2k in Japan but have seen some on sale for around 1.2-1.5k too, so not sure if the extra few hundred is worth it vs koping one on the boards for around 1k although we all know waiting kinda sucks, any tips?

- Which style to kop? I like the racer, the jut neck and the moto, but something draws me more towards the jut neck although I cant seem to find good pics of it worn with the collar down, folded or spread out and really doubt I'd wear it with a standing collar all the time, or at least not when unzipped, any thoughts?

Some tips, suggestions, comments or personal experiences on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Anyone know the maker of mainline Marc Jacob shoes? Dress, not sneakers. All it says is "Made in Italy" and I know the retail is pricey (~600+).

While I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell from it, do you have a photo of the nail pattern on the heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members