• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Mtm

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Bill, the new shoe trees are not lasted. At least on the peter 2. Just letting you know.

It must just be a mistake. The P2 boots I received about a month ago were on the P2 last and came with snug, lasted two-piece trees (size 43 EU).

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
I have a full sized shoe and supposedly full sized lasted shoe trees on the p2 last, and it does not fill the shoe (toebox or vamp). This is shaped, but not lasted. (2 piece spring, but slightly different from the ones you posted bill)

This is exactly my experience.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My nickname is El Aristócrata and I follow this forum from the very beginning. I have really enjoyed many of its posts but I must admit I have never posted here. This will change from now on.

I love Vass shoes. Last Easter I went to Budapest and I got few pairs RTW and I must say that so far these shoes look as great as the best English shoes....and for a much cheaper price.

I wrote this month an article (I am afraid is only in Spanish) in my blog www.elaristocrata.com about Laszlo Vass shoes. I also met Ms. Eva Vass and we had a very enjoyable chatting. I give full details of all of this in the website.

I have read that some of you are a little bit disappointing with these shoes, but from my experience they look to be wonderful hand made shoes. I agree that some models seem to be from old days but the F one is a very fashionable model. Nevertheless I believe that if you can only go for one pair of Laszlo shoes this should be the classical Budapest model.

Thank you to everyone and to "satanama" for giving me the chance to become part of this lovely group of people.
EA

Cornellian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
All Vass trees are lasted, AFAIK.

Did you get three piece trees?

- B

Well, sort of. They can slightly modify the tree to fit the shoe, but they won't build up the tree to fit the shoe.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
Vass two-piece trees are not lasted, and if you wear a half size they don't fit the shoe that well, at least on the new peter last. I switched out my Vass shoe trees for no-name trees because the Vass trees did not fit snugly on the vamp.

My U-last trees are definately lasted BUT they rpovide zero support for the vamp. Pressing on top of the shoe cleary shows empty space between the tree and the leather.

I ordered Dark-cognac binder leather once and it came almost looking dark burgundy plus one of the medallions was punched not properly centered.

I have a few cavalry calf or binder calf shoes ,which i assume different names for the same thing and VASS binder has very soft feel to it. I wonder if it is typical of VASS binder leather?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
My U-last trees are definately lasted BUT they rpovide zero support for the vamp. Pressing on top of the shoe cleary shows empty space between the tree and the leather.

exactly. and the u-last trees fit better than the p2

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Vass are talking longer to make than I was first told.

But I have confidence that they will deliver a solid product...but am bumed to hear of the comment about how the U lasted shoe trees possibly provide inadequate assistance in the instep area

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
My Vass are talking longer to make than I was first told. But I have confidence that they will deliver a solid product...but am bumed to hear of the comment about how the U lasted shoe trees possibly provide inadequate assistance in the instep area
It's not a big deal at all. i have the u-last and the trees. it's fine. really.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt VASS makes 3-piece trees anymore. Also as I mentioned before if you have high instep (arch) do not order RTW balmorals on U-last. I ahve a hard time putting them on and eventually the heel counter is going to suffer.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dkzzz, I too have a high instep and I'm a US 12D so I view your comment with dismay since I have a U lasted Old English 2 on order

Upon delivery I shall provide ye olde unwashed massess with an update

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member