• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

eightfour

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Is there any way to get some of my APC's to look like that in a few weeks, by distressing them myself?? I have several pairs because I love the NS and resue fits but I am sooo sick of having multiple pairs of raw denim....
You could try sandpapering but chances are your fades won't look natural. If you really need a worn pair, APC sells nicely faded jeans in store. It's called their Butler series, and I think they run from $200-250.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Confurious
Then:
postsoak2.jpg
postsoak1.jpg

Now:
3550128163_cc110d97d8_o.jpg
3550933862_2d3c7cc95a_o.jpg

Never was satisfied with the old fit pics I had. I figured I would share a before and after for fun. God knows how many times these have been washed. I'll be picking up something new this summer.

And notice, there is a tiny bit of fading just around the right calf. Not impossible, albeit, not as dramatic as most prewashes.

Are these the 005? How did you size them? Did you buy the STFs?

harryc

Reaction score
My weird guys stretched 1.5 (in the waist) in after a week or so. If they fit fine now, I wouldn't size up unless you want them sitting lower on the waist than where they are now.

chrisjr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harryc
My weird guys stretched 1.5 in after a week or so. If they fit fine now, I wouldn't size up unless you want them sitting lower on the waist than where they are now.

They were near impossible to button up in the store. They have stretched a little now... I'm only worried about the tightness in the thighs (does it looks weird) and whether the material is "pulling" around the butt and upper thigh... It's kind of a weird cut. The pic from behind makes them look like bootcuts, almost.

free man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robba
^ how old? how many washes?

Hmm I got them December 10ish, been wearing them every day since. So around 6 months. No washes yet, I am thinking about swimming in the ocean with them, wearing them until they are dry, and them washing them out with cold water. But I don't want to get ahead of myself now..
tongue.gif

harryc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
They were near impossible to button up in the store. They have stretched a little now... I'm only worried about the tightness in the thighs (does it looks weird) and whether the material is "pulling" around the butt and upper thigh... It's kind of a weird cut. The pic from behind makes them look like bootcuts, almost.

It totally depends on your preference. I think the thighs look fine. The creasing at the middle of the back pockets look a little weird. Does it go away if you wear it lower on the waist?

They might be looking slightly boot cut from the angle of the picture. How does it look side profile with footwear on?

Did you try on a size 33 or the other cuts?

chrisjr

Reaction score
Just for reference, my last pair of jeans were a pair of Nudie thin finns. I really loved em til the crotch blew out.
I tried on the Weirdguy but going from the thin finns they felt a little looser (similar to my new standards maybe), and I still like skinny-ish jeans. I didn't try on the 33s. I work in the corporate dept of the store I got these at (so the $165 price tag was really 50% off), so if they don't work out it wont be the end of the world.
Further, the boot look might be a result of a not fully tapered leg and a long inseam (i'm 6 foot 4 and there is still plenty room to spare).
How do you like your weirdguys? They seem to be the fit of choice here... maybe it is time I move away from so skinny and move to slim. What model/finish did you get?
-Chris

Confurious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
Are these the 005? How did you size them? Did you buy the STFs?

Yes, these are the xx-005s, completely raw to start (as apposed to a one wash). Keep in mind that PBJs run TTS (if not a trifle slim), the tag on each pair is indicative of the size after a soak. These were size 30, my usual tagged size in most brands.

harryc

Reaction score
I have the weird guy plain indigo and the BiG x NF weird guy 21oz rigid. I haven't worn the 21oz yet since I am still working on the indigos. I am 5' 11" and ended up cuffing about an two inches instead of hemming. It is still a little bit long but it stacks very slightly. The fit overall is great. It reminds me a lot of Levis Cap E Matchsticks but raw and lower rise which I prefer. They were snug but not impossible to button and they stretched out quite a bit in the waist and a tad through the thigh. The only Nudies I have are Slim Jims with 2% strech so I don't think I can compare them.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
The flip flops and socks are runing it and you need to post the actual location of the picture with IMG tags, not the scaled rerouted URL.
Yeah, I was too lazy to put my shoes back on for this pic so I just slipped them on. Not even my own shoes haha. But here is another older pic with real shoes:
32667842056759b8111b.jpg
Originally Posted by Confurious
Very nice!
Thanks! Your PBJs look good too.
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Is there any way to get some of my APC's to look like that in a few weeks, by distressing them myself?? I have several pairs because I love the NS and resue fits but I am sooo sick of having multiple pairs of raw denim....
Sandpapering might work, but it might look a little fake. You could throw them in the wash a couple of times to lighten up the color, cause mine have gone through the wash a few times.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What boots are those Ragin?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
Are they too tight? I may still return em and up a size.

Some comments...
I think the fit is spot on, they're quite slim/skinny, but I think it works.
They will definitely stretch out a little everywhere so tighter up front is better to avoid baggy later on. the thighs, ass, and waist will all stretch out...

I always liked the lidea of N&F denim but unfortunately didn't find any of their cuts worked for me, the rise was just way too high so the ass area looked all "weird". Good for you though.

Also, check out the blue ones with silk in them, they're a strange sort of sky blue, really intersting.
N&F is also one of the few companies that do a GREY jean, incase you're interested

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeem1