• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zilli

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with these guys? Their new collection has some great pieces in it. The price range is ridiculous (I was quoted 6000AED in Dubai for a silk shirt in a simple color, thats the equivalent to around $1700) and I know you could probably get a bespoke whatevertheymake for less; but I am really curious as to whether anyone here is bigtimer enough to own a suit or jacket from these guys.

Their store on Bond street had their door shut last time at around noon on a weekday and this had been replaced with a buzzer, is it appointment only/ring to be opened the door for, now?

Anybody bigtimer enough to have bought their items from an actual store (I understand most of the big timers here go bespoke but still)?

emakris

Reaction score
Small family company, the shop at Bond St. has been there for over 20 years. Last time I was there they were selling jackets for almost £10k. As for me, I was only looking for a shirt; I went to Brioni, just round the corner, instead. It was much cheaper.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have lots of stuff in wild exotic skins that are out of this world, unfortunately so are the prices.
frown.gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I associate outerwear in leather or cashmere with this brand. They are top quality but styling is sometimes gaudy rather than elegant. Fit is excellent. They make great neckwear, never tried the shirtings. About ten years ago I tried their RTW suits. Brioni fits my body type better than any other RTW make and Zilli was equal if not a bit better. The construction was not up to Brioni but the cut was really great. A diffferent and softer silhouette than Brioni. Quite an investment at full retail for RTW.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agree with Chris on outerwear being what Zilli does best. Their leathers are of the highest quality up there with Seraphin etc. They are usually lined in silk or cashmere and extremely luxurious. The suits are made by Pal Zileri to their Sartoriale standards, very nice quality.

All that being said, this is Russian mafia clothing.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Agree with Chris on outerwear being what Zilli does best. Their leathers are of the highest quality up there with Seraphin etc. They are usually lined in silk or cashmere and extremely luxurious. The suits are made by Pal Zileri to their Sartoriale standards, very nice quality.

I heard that but didn't know if it was true

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy

Completely. I used to pass by the Paris shop very regularly and Russian mafia is the description that springs to mind for 90% of the customers.

Woodman

Reaction score
Ah well.
I'm neither Russian nor mafia. Just professorial.
The two Zilli suits I have are well-made, with a fit comparable to Brioni as Chris Despos said.
Great fabrics--one is a very light Super 170s with a silk lining--and excellent hand work.
Pick stitching, linings, and fabrics tend to be flashy, very much like Ricci.
The shirts are Italian-made, quite comparable to Borrelli, with similar thick buttons and finishing.
Mine have worn well.
At retail, the current prices are absurd. I got great buys.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe they just opened a store within the last year on 57th in NYC. I walk by all time but have yet to go in because their displays have been pretty unappealing, especially compared to Brioni right down the street (not that I can afford either at full retail)

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
Interesting stuff; I would be pretty pissed off if I was quoted 10k for a Pal Zileri suit (sartoriale or not) that was OTR. But for a multimillionaire who's interest on savings works out around 10k a day - whats 10k anyway?
devil.gif

Vox, that threak had potential but you let it die out with your withdrawal of randomly inserting unrelated wit and snark into it. Alas the finally blow was dealt, when you actually gave advice the OP.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Oh, yes.
It is very popular in Russia. Even despite ridicolous prices.
Many politicians and other rich people prefer Zilli.

Yes, indeed very popular.

Who else got stores in Ekaterinburg, Sochi and Domodedovo Airport?
wink.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've walked by the store quite a few times. Everything in the window display is so garish and tacky. I'd never have guessed it'd be well-made because it looks like the sort of nouveau-riche garbage that David Beckham and Russian oil barons in exile wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads