• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your thoughts on Tom Ford shirts?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
Tom Ford shirts would just be relabeled Zegna for more money.

They may be made by Zegna but from what I've read that does not mean they are simply 'relabelled Zegna'...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franky In T.O.
triniboy22 - that is true. A lot will say I should go to MTM/custom at that price point. That would assure that I have a shirt that I love at that price. In that case, if I loved a Tom Ford shirt then is it worthwhile paying that price or would I be a fool to do so considering Boss, Canali, and Zegna are more than just fine?

If you love it, then get it. Substitutes won't give you the same level of satisfaction.

What you can then consider is taking that shirt to a MTM maker and asking them to copy it for you.

Pay the 'go straight to MTM' ppl no mind - you are paying for more than just the quality of the shirt with the TF. You're paying for the fit and design.

Look at how many examples there are of bespoke suits and shirts that come out looking and fitting horribly.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
If you love it, then get it. Substitutes won't give you the same level of satisfaction.

Pay the 'go straight to MTM' ppl no mind - you are paying for more than just the quality of the shirt with the TF. You're paying for the fit .

Okay I agree with the general point but buying RTW for the fit? Makes no sense. If you're lucky and RTW fits you well then fine but RTW just can't fit everybody well.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Okay I agree with the general point but buying RTW for the fit? Makes no sense. If you're lucky and RTW fits you well then fine but RTW just can't fit everybody well.

I'm saying he should buy it if he's happy with the fit of the shirt as well as the other details.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
The old saying 'what works for the goose doesn't work for the gander' applies to almost everything people give their opinion on this board and in fashion, in general.

A lot of people knock certain brands and may have good arguments for doing so. But quite often, that brand just doesn't work for them. I figure if you can find a brand that does then you can save a lot of money and get a lot of value from it.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Franky In T.O.
Fair enough. I get that over weight is now considered average and that since I'm in good shape I am not average. I should have just said I'm fit. Now can we get back to discussing an overpriced brand!
smile.gif

You are either overweight or a meat-head. Nothing wrong with that. Just be aware that you're not trim.

Try those MTM options out as discussed. There are a lot of discussions of shops in Toronto here. Also as I said, I like MyTailor.com.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
You are either overweight or a meat-head. Nothing wrong with that. Just be aware that you're not trim.

Thanks for the tip, bud. I guess you must be both. As you said, nothing wrong with that.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things are worth whatever your willing to pay. If you fall in love something dont get so absorbed in the price. Keep it simple... if you can afford it and you love it, it is worth getting.

Zani

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This question is for people who have some white TF shirts (french cuff shirts).
Most of time I have 2 problems with white shirts :
- they are transparent and obviously we can see through which is not esthetic at all :s
- they are too tight for a watch of 42mm of diameter and it blocks my watch (I don't know if you understand what I mean).

So my question is simple; do white TF shirts (french cuff shirts) are opaque and opened enough to have space for such a watch?!

Thank you.

Zani

Reaction score
I am looking for a white dress shirt which would be opaque for once..Most of time white shirts are transparent and it's horrible.
I don't really care about the price, I just want something we can't see through lol.

If some people have TF shirts, do TF make white 100% opaque dress shirts?

Thank you.

Zani.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members