• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Young with grey hair..

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty cool to leave it.

salt and pepper is classy and mature.

Like Roger from Mad Men.

pinchi22

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I made the mistake of dying it for a while. It looked ridiculous, unnatural, fake when the dye wore off. I resorted to professional products, but they hardly lasted any longer.

So, I finally went cold turkey. At first, I was uncomfortable to actually walk around with SO much grey hair, but I finally embraced it and have no regrets. A lot of people who had never said anything suddenly volunteered that I looked a lot better.

Keep it short and well-groomed and I think you won´t regret it either.

robbz9206

Reaction score
richard-gere.jpg

PrimusPilus

Reaction score
I have a lack of pigment in my scalp, so I've had a rather large patch of white hair since I was 3 years old. It's also in my eyebrow, eyelashes and beard. Endured a lot of crap when I was younger, but now the ladies love it. But I do worry about the rest of my dark hair going gray, as my most distinctive feature will be no more.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've had gray hair for as long as i can remember... it's ok. most poeple don't mind and neither should you.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMSBNSN
Dude. I wish I had grey hair already. Now you could beast it like Wooster

+1

As someone already stated. Grey hair > no hair

But the ole saying is "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow"
rimshot.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Young with grey hair is awesome. Rock that **** with pride, otherwise you'll look like a douche.

Look at whats-his-name, Jason Statham. Dude has THE receding hairline of all receding hairlines, so he shaved that ***** and put on some attitude. Do the same with your gray, roll with it

Klobbersauras

Reaction score
Same with me. Started getting grey hair when I was 17, and now at 25, the sides of my head are peppered with them.

I wouldn't recommend doing a thing with it though. Just learn to age gracefully.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What do the bears think?
Most like a young, youthful look. Unless there bear for bear, then you never know!
Originally Posted by jarude
Look at whats-his-name, Jason Statham. Dude has THE receding hairline of all receding hairlines, so he shaved that ***** and put on some attitude. Do the same with your gray, roll with it
Wouldn't shaving a receding hair line be the equivalent of dying grey hair ? I mean if he kept his hair, then he would be rolling with it - shaving it is hiding the fact...

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, he could have looked like a turd with a receding hairline, so he embraced it the only way he could - shaving. I can see how you saw it that way though, lol. All I'm trying to say is go gray with attitude

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
In my country, when a mans gain the hairs of grey on his face and on his hairs and on his nose when he has not gain many years of age, he is have a low energy. He is having his mans energies stolen from him by a devil womans. You must not speak to this devil womans, she is sell her body to you for a price. But you must say to this womans, you must say no sir, I will not buy it from you. I am a powerful mans who must preserve his wild energies, such as his wild tiger energies and his beast energies. You will not stole the wild beast energies from my testiculos or my bojojo-stick.

lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads