• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoropiko Jeans?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dunnymonster
Yoropiko's rock, when you get your hands on a real pair and examine the quality, not to mention the real gold buttons you will realise why they cost so much. After all how many oher jean brands do you know that use selvedge denim not only down the legs, but also on the coin pocket and inside the waistband!. Now thats what I call attention to detail. They may not be everybodies cup of tea style wise but you cannot deny why Martin Yatming ( the same Martin ( Ksohoh ) who brought you RMC Red Monkey jeans) is confirmed a denim guru.
Umm.....KMW comes to mind.

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
dude, dunny, you are like the worst troll ever.

crackup[1].gif
I like it, i knew that would raise a comment from someone, ha, ha. I love this forum its like being in the debating society. Troll or no troll, i like RMC and Yoropiko and so do many other people, of course ive yet to find anybody who agrees with me on this forum, but hey thats what makes this all such fun!
tounge.gif

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Umm.....KMW comes to mind.

Ah yes Kicking Mule Workshop, that has the selvedge denim on the coin pocket too, does it also have selvedge used in the waistband, ive only seen pics not the real thing unfortunatly as hard to get in U K stores?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah yes Kicking Mule Workshop, that has the selvedge denim on the coin pocket too, does it also have selvedge used in the waistband, ive only seen pics not the real thing unfortunatly as hard to get in U K stores?

Not in the waistband, but on the fly. Kind of overkill imo, but they are very well detailed jeans.

the etruscan

Reaction score
You mean like some of the Samurai jeans? Or . . . ****, this isn't worth it, nevermind.
IMG_1025.jpg

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan
You mean like some of the Samurai jeans? Or . . . ****, this isn't worth it, nevermind.

IMG_1025.jpg

The Samurai jeans look excellent, ive seen a few pics before and heard of their reputation for denim quality but not seen them on sale here in the UK sadly. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for that
smile.gif

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
SPURR jeans also have selvedge on the back belt loop, as well are on the fly.
Not heard of Spurr jeans will have to check them out on the net i think, cheers for that LA Guy

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
dude, dunny, you are like the worst troll ever.

Being new to forums in general i wasnt aware what a "troll" was, and believed this comment to refer to my tastes in general which i took with good humour, however a learned friend of mine advised me that the term refers to a person who either represents a company and is probably on the payroll, who goes onto forums like this one and "Bigs up" a product, for the benefit of sales and promotions. I would like to make it clear that i do not work for or represent any brands discussed on this or any other forum. I work as a parcel delivery man for DHL for the record, and if others can only call me a Troll just because i enthusiastically endorse a product that they dont like then what is the point of having a forum at all if we are all to agree with everything each other says! I accept this sort of thing goes on, but just consider what i say with at least some credibility. Even if you disagree strongly with my taste in fashion i will accept this as part of a genuine debate. So come on guys, lets make this a balanced forum where people can state their opinion an learn more from each other, after all isnt that the whole point of all this!

Crooow

Reaction score
Being new to forums in general i wasnt aware what a "troll" was, and believed this comment to refer to my tastes in general which i took with good humour, however a learned friend of mine advised me that the term refers to a person who either represents a company and is probably on the payroll, who goes onto forums like this one and "Bigs up" a product, for the benefit of sales and promotions.

I think the term your friend is referring to is a shill: someone who promotes or tries to generate interest in a product without advertising their own particular financial interest in it. A troll, on the other hand, is someone who goes into a forum and espouses unpopular (or just plain ridiculous) opinions solely for the purpose of inciting controversy and/or disagreement. A troll is generally someone who does not have anything of value to add, and can only generate response or interest by playing the contrarian.

I have no comment as to whether you fit either of these definitions.
bigstar[1].gif

Dunnymonster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crooow
I think the term your friend is referring to is a shill: someone who promotes or tries to generate interest in a product without advertising their own particular financial interest in it. A troll, on the other hand, is someone who goes into a forum and espouses unpopular (or just plain ridiculous) opinions solely for the purpose of inciting controversy and/or disagreement. A troll is generally someone who does not have anything of value to add, and can only generate response or interest by playing the contrarian.

I have no comment as to whether you fit either of these definitions.
bigstar[1].gif

Many thanks for your input, i wasnt aware of the term Shill either. I certainly have no intentions of inciting controversy for the sake of it. I genuinely happen to like the Red Monkey/Yoropiko brands and believe them to be excellently made products. I do accept that the vast majority of forum members dislike these products, stylisticly but i feel that as legitimate brands offering something different they do have a place for discussion alongside other premium denim brands. Lets not forget that this forum is "streetwear and denim" and in that context the above brands deserve mention alongside the likes of Evisu ( another brand disliked by this forum). Thankyou again however for explaining the above terms, as always this forum should be a place where everybody can learn from each other, cheers buddy
smile.gif

Michael Barnes

Reaction score
I love Yoropiko.... I love RMC, Evisu, Edwin, Buzz Rickson and Sugar Cane, Starting to take an interest in Japan Blues Momotaro.....
Still I'm with you Dunny..... And my own opinion is that Martin Yat Ming/Martin Ksohoh has brought more imagination, design and quality to the denim art world than most.... ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads