• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.tailorstore.com - anyone try ordering any of their $40 MTM shirts?

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
I have made several orders with tailorstore over the past several years. Mostly out of inertia (took me a while to get the right size down) and some due to their low prices. I have finally given up on them due to the poor communication and lack of customer service. Not that I really blame them given the much lower relative prices that they offer, I have just decided its no longer worth it to receive the unhelpful responses for requests and problems similar to what the poster above described.

Thanks for the feedback on this site. I was considering ordering from them to test out but these recent comments have altered my decision. What would you say is your favorite online MTM site at this time?

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have made several orders with tailorstore over the past several years. Mostly out of inertia (took me a while to get the right size down) and some due to their low prices. I have finally given up on them due to the poor communication and lack of customer service. Not that I really blame them given the much lower relative prices that they offer, I have just decided its no longer worth it to receive the unhelpful responses for requests and problems similar to what the poster above described.

The only other I have tried is Nialma, which is pretty good. Their customer service and response time is much quicker and more accomodating. They have a trial shirt, buy 3 get 1 offer. A little bit more expensive, but the fabrics are a better as well.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've ordered from Tailor Store many times, both dress shirts and polos, and they've nailed the fit each and every time (I made sure to get my measurements right right from the start). Prompt delivery, excellent quality fabrics, perfect fit. I recommend them.

blahgspot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahgspot
I ordered from them recently--took almost 6 weeks to get the shirts. One turned out fine, though a tad wide (despite having used measurements from a tailored shirt). The other came out with such a tiny miniature collar that I can't even wear a tie with it! I selected "business collar," which in their visualizer appears to be a standard collar size, a tad less elongated than the traditional point collar. In reality, it is this tiny little collar that looks like a joke on a grown man's dress shirt.

I filed a complaint with them and got a useless email saying that it is "too expensive to fix" since it is made in Sri Lanka (funny, I figured the Swedes were having poor people make it cheaply in Asia, not expensively). Furthermore, I was told that I should have read a "knowledge database" that would have (?) informed me of the comically small collar. As a kicker, a condescending tagline from an "Ulrike Hansson" saying "Thanks for understanding" (Sorry, but I DON'T understand how your company can be quite so useless at making clear what a customer is getting). No offer to fix it, no offer for a refund.

In the end, considering that their fabrics are pretty crappy (I got an entry-level and a a mid-level oxford), I've realized I would have been much better off just buying a Ralph Lauren Polo at Marshall's for $29 and having it altered for $15, thereby saving me not only money, but time, and the bad experience of waiting almost 2 months for ill-made "custom" shirts...

I wanted to update the above ... After complaining numerous times, I received a credit for the shirt. I am satisfied by this, but I urged them that if they are going to have that "shirt builder" visualization (in reality, an incredibly cool tool), it should more accurately reflect what a shirt will look like. Or have some sort of pop-up telling you that your choice of collar style, etc, will look different depending on what you choose. That being said, I remade the shirt, but upgraded the fabric to a much more expensive one. I had the original made in their most basic white poplin, which was quite a nasty fabric--though it could soften after washing, it feels like some extremely cheap hotel bedsheets. The oxford (the next level up) is nice enough, but the fabric is still well below what you could get from a Polo Ralph Lauren at TJ Max or something. All in all, the Tailor Store is not a bad deal if you are aware of such caveats and are into the custom features (such as contrast fabric or button choices).

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have also had a bad experience with their customer support.

When I ordered a swatch book, they ran out of one fabric. So they offered me store credit.
I complained, so they relented and offered me a refund of the additional amount (peanuts, but still).
They ended up refunding the wrong amount, and I had to complain again to get it fixed.

All in all, I had the feeling their customer support is inattentive, sloppy, even lazy. I chose not to buy from them even though some of their more expensive swatches were quite nice and they have an amazing user interface. When you deal with somebody at arms length like this, customer support becomes very important.

sabvinnie

Reaction score
The only other I have tried is Nialma, which is pretty good. Their customer service and response time is much quicker and more accomodating. They have a trial shirt, buy 3 get 1 offer. A little bit more expensive, but the fabrics are a better as well.
+1 - try nialma.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my first shirt from Tailor Store yesterday (took about 3 weeks) and am pretty happy with it. Nothing seems out, although it is a wee bit too long (went for the longer length hem, so sill alter that next time). If I had one complaint it would be that the cuffs are too snug to wear a watch under, but I hadn't considered that when I ordered. It's simple enough for me to remedy (move the button on the left cuff), but to be fair the right cuff fits perfectly.

I will certainly order from them again – maybe I just got lucky!

sii1981

Reaction score
thought ill add mt 2 cent. ive ordered twice from these guys about 6 shirts, delivery time is not the fastest for sure, 30 odd days is the norm.
materials are actually quite good (order the £30 poplin and you get what you pay for of course, but there are some much better stuff on offer for £50-£60)
construction is also quite good (at least to my eyes)
i made my order copying the measurements off one of my fav shirts and the fit is almost identical to the original so no complaints there, but one thing that the got wrong was the sleeves were very tight on the forearms, i was not expecting much from them since i gave the measurements for the cuff and arm holes.
so not thinking much about it, i gave them feed back on their site about a month later, to my surprise one of their staff offered to remake the affected shirts again for me. so three more shirts arrived just over a month later with the faults corrected.
so im a happy customer. and ill use them again for sure, just remember to ask for wide fit arms if you got popeye arms

sii1981

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahgspot
I wanted to update the above ... After complaining numerous times, I received a credit for the shirt. I am satisfied by this, but I urged them that if they are going to have that "shirt builder" visualization (in reality, an incredibly cool tool), it should more accurately reflect what a shirt will look like. Or have some sort of pop-up telling you that your choice of collar style, etc, will look different depending on what you choose. That being said, I remade the shirt, but upgraded the fabric to a much more expensive one. I had the original made in their most basic white poplin, which was quite a nasty fabric--though it could soften after washing, it feels like some extremely cheap hotel bedsheets. The oxford (the next level up) is nice enough, but the fabric is still well below what you could get from a Polo Ralph Lauren at TJ Max or something. All in all, the Tailor Store is not a bad deal if you are aware of such caveats and are into the custom features (such as contrast fabric or button choices).
looks like i got lucky compare to you, this Ulrike Hansson actually seeked me out to give me the replacement shirts. made me jump out of my seat when i read the email, but i didnt order from the crap cloths, i knew they'd be.. well crap

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i get all my shirts from tailorstore.

the cheap fabrics are ******
the medium ones are decent
the expensive ones are really nice.

if you input shirt measurements they get it spot on. just watch out for slimness in the forearms.

order a cheap basic white first if you're unsure about measurements so then you can refine. takes a couple of goes to get it right, but once you do you have a great source of MTM shirts.

Delivery time is about a month.
a navy gingham
DSC00448.jpg

a white oxford
DSC00191.jpg

a white linen
DSC00249.jpg

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ can you correct the slope of the shoulders? my one tailor store experiment had very square shoulders too.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i get all my shirts from tailorstore.

the cheap fabrics are ******
the medium ones are decent
the expensive ones are really nice.

if you input shirt measurements they get it spot on. just watch out for slimness in the forearms.

order a cheap basic white first if you're unsure about measurements so then you can refine. takes a couple of goes to get it right, but once you do you have a great source of MTM shirts.

Delivery time is about a month.

+1

I, too, get all my shirts there. Have always been more than satisfied.

uirugger

Reaction score
I have been ordering for about two years now. Running out of fabrics I like though.....that's inevitably driving me towards trying out different vendors. I've tried Biased Cut and am on the verge of checking out Cotton Works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads