• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Italian Handmade Shoes -- Santoni FAM or equivalent

andrewlef

Reaction score
Hi all-

Looking to add some more well-made Italian shoes to my wardrobe. I have pairs of Borgioli, Romano Martegani, Sutor Mantellassi, Canali (Campanile), SF Tramezza, etc. I'm really looking to add some Santoni FAMs to my collection, but alas local availability is non-existent. So, I'm posting here seeking all sellers of Santoni FAMs. Every time I visit the Santoni website I cant help but drool over the Handmade Line. Anyway, I'm a size US 10D, depending on the last of course.

Oh, I'm looking for leather, no suede, preferably a lace-up (oxford, derby, etc.) or monk. Funky colors OK if a matching belt can be found...lol --- no black shoes, I have enough black. I love the look of Norwegian stitching, reverse stitching, antiquing, etc.

Please let me know of any good deals or any advice on this in general and I shall forever be in your debt.

Thanks!!!!

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This should be easy, you're the same size as shoe.

andrewlef

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
This should be easy, you're the same size as shoe.

Cool. thanks for the info & quick reply. Oh, btw, looking for shoes that are NIB. I kinda have a phobia about wearing someone else's shoes (please dont laugh too hard).
shog[1].gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe typically sells BNIB shoes that he either picks up specifically for selling to others on the forum, or shoes he's purchased in the past and has changed his mind about. He puts some pretty damn good stuff here for great prices. Keep an eye out.

andrewlef

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
i have a norvogese welted premium sutor brand new in box suede chocolate brown wingtip in size 10. if you are interested pm me .thanks.

hey thanks Hoff. .i only have the sutor wingtip though.

unless OP is interested in my grenson clinton for 270 shipped i have that too.

ATM, my appetite for suede has been sated. Already have a few pair of SM. But I really want to get a pair of the elusive Santoni FAM (without going to NYC and paying an arm and a leg). Thanks anyway; I'll keep stalking the forums.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Shoe typically sells BNIB shoes that he either picks up specifically for selling to others on the forum, or shoes he's purchased in the past and has changed his mind about. He puts some pretty damn good stuff here for great prices. Keep an eye out.

hehehe
that's absolutely right. that has been my case most of the time , huh?
peepwall[1].gif

just that my tastes have become so Elitist , the shoes have to meet my sometimes unreasonable expectations (for the price range i purchase) and alot dont, after pondering about my purchase over a few days or so.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a budget in mind? There is a source of real cheap FAMs here, but you would have to add $60 for shipping - probably come to around $400-500 depending on the pair. Some are the styles you describe, but I don't know about availability of sizes until I check. I'd be happy to do this for you, but i would need you to commit up-front before I buy. I have bought FAMs on spec before and got stuck with them despite endless advertising here and on eBay, and am down hundreds of dollars. I'm not keen to repeat that. This thread shows an example of the sort of deal available (maybe a little more now). These shoes are still available, BTW.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrew, have you had a look at what STP's offering right now. They have a. Testoni shoes (both Black Label and the top-of-the-line Amadeo Testoni) on for unbelievable prices. The upper two lines of a. Testoni are, I gather, absolutely first-rate.

andrewlef

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Andrew, have you had a look at what STP's offering right now. They have a. Testoni shoes (both Black Label and the top-of-the-line Amadeo Testoni) on for unbelievable prices. The upper two lines of a. Testoni are, I gather, absolutely first-rate.

Roger

I have scoped out STP, but I'm not wild about the Testonis they have available. I've only rarely seen a Testoni that I have actually like, and when I do find one I like it's usually priced extremely high (e.g. $1500).

But thanks for the rec anyway! I actually have gotten some really good deals from STP before, both on shoes and clothes.

Andrew

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
no offense to Roger,

but take even the amadeo line of testoni and compare it to a tanserrated edge Santoni FAM
and the testoni upper leather quality does not compare.

there is something a little bit off on the lasts testoni uses as well, but that may just be a case of personal taste for the fams lasts.

+1. Something about Testonis doesn't seem right, imo. I've tried them on before and there was always something that puts me off, the last, the sometimes quirky design, the leather....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads