• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Styleforum Ari

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score

1607456699460.png

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school math teacher. I wore a tie and jacket everyday before the pandemic to teach my students. Continuing that tradition from home sans shoes/socks. I'm considering doing a casual Friday.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still wear a shirt with a collar every day for WFH. I bought a number of long sleeve polos over the summer and consider them to be the ideal WFH shirt. Wearing flannels on occasion now that it's colder but still prefer OCBDs. Trousers are mainly chinos or corduroys but I will slum it with jeans maybe once a week (I would never wear jeans to the office, even on "casual Friday"...just a personal thing).

I have made a point of changing out of my work clothes when the day is done, into something I would normally wear at home wrestling with my toddler. It has helped to draw a mental distinction between work and home.

LL Bean shearling lined mocs have been my most worn footwear over the last 9 months without question.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
My default when not “dressed” is chinos, BD shirt and a crew neck jumper in winter— basic preppyish casual. So that’s wot I’ve wearing most of time since March...

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
I sincerely hate to admit it, but most of the time I'm wearing just my terrycloth bathrobe, but I put either a full suit or equivalent number odd pieces on for videoconferences. I don't wear shoes with either, just a pair of slippers.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You forgot "butt naked".

Anyway, whenever I am on video I wear a sports coat at least.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweatpants/ PJs and t-shirts + hoodie. I have a hard time justifying anything else. Simply makes no sense

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweatpants/ PJs and t-shirts + hoodie. I have a hard time justifying anything else. Simply makes no sense

my company has essentially decided that nobody will ever make a normal phone call anymore. Anytime people want to get in touch they use Teams video calls. So I have to be ready to be on camera at all times during the day. Not sure I’d dress down even if this wasn’t the case, but it’s sure a good excuse not to wear Pjs all day.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my company has essentially decided that nobody will ever make a normal phone call anymore. Anytime people want to get in touch they use Teams video calls. So I have to be ready to be on camera at all times during the day. Not sure I’d dress down even if this wasn’t the case, but it’s sure a good excuse not to wear Pjs all day.
frankly, I agree I have to get out of the this routine. thank god I have meetings I have to dress up for.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
WFH is a good opportunity to wear all your menswear purchases that you don't normally wear. Those shirts that are hard to wear because the collar isn't quite right, the jacket that doesn't fit you perfectly, the pants that don't hold a crease well, the sweater with a hole in the elbow. I don't really want to wear down my nicer clothes at home, but I am happy to give the clothes I don't love as much some wear.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At this point I've basically regressed to jeans and t-shirts 7 days a week. I'm usually barefoot, too. My office is transitioning to using Teams for communication, so perhaps the prospect of video calls will compel me to at least shave on a regular basis.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has probably been mentioned, but I need a hybrid option above. I wear a dress shirt and usually a blazer or sheer, cashmere sweater on top. Those are my go to's. That said, I wear nice jeans and either slippers or sneakers depending on mood/activity below!

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
Chinos and a long sleeved polo, or casual shirt plus Shetland jumper if it’s chilly. This regardless of what I’m doing - did it for a board meeting the other week and nobody had a tie on.

People who wear jacket & tie whilst WFH just look wrong. We had some new starter on a VC the other week and he was sitting in his kitchen wearing a waistcoat and tie and I immediately pegged him as a bellend.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinos and a long sleeved polo, or casual shirt plus Shetland jumper if it’s chilly. This regardless of what I’m doing - did it for a board meeting the other week and nobody had a tie on.

People who wear jacket & tie whilst WFH just look wrong. We had some new starter on a VC the other week and he was sitting in his kitchen wearing a waistcoat and tie and I immediately pegged him as a bellend.

LOL , this made my Friday.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most days I wear a pair of heavy khaki twill trousers, a button-up shirt (mostly checks in winter), a crew neck Shetland sweater, argyle socks, & a pair of leather derby shoes.

I should clarify that I do not work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads