• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Work From Home: Office Chair

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

What chair do you guys use for your office chair?

I've been working from home for several years now and feel I am starting to develop some back pain. Was thinking about picking up a Hermann Miller but wanted to see if you guys had better recommendation for lumbar support.

Spend at least 8 hours a day on it, might as well treat my back well.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This

captoe

Reaction score
eames dcm in black wood. can't sit on it for too long though. aeron seems like a good bet. i see them in traditional homes were nothing is modern so they must be good.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't beat the Aeron, although to be fair I've only ever tried a bunch of ****** office chairs plus the Aeron.

jpb

Reaction score
Office chairs are inherently bad for your back. I work at home in a nice comfy armchair with my feet up.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by titleofauser
Knoll Life Chair...I've personally found it more comfortable than the Aeron.

Sat in one of these the other day and preferred it to the Aeron as well.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use an old vintage version (in fabric, with wheels) of one of these Eames chairs:

eames_office_chair_lime_green_300-01.jpg

I'm sure that one of the padded Eames chairs, or certainly the aforementioned Aeron from the same company, would be more comfortable.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a leather high-back dining chair. Better than all other office chairs I've used except it doesn't roll/swivel (which I don't need anyway).

captoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
I use an old vintage version (in fabric, with wheels) of one of these Eames chairs:

eames_office_chair_lime_green_300-01.jpg

I'm sure that one of the padded Eames chairs, or certainly the aforementioned Aeron from the same company, would be more comfortable.

i've seen those vintage chairs. they look great!

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by captoe
i've seen those vintage chairs. they look great!

Yeah, it's definitely a nice-looking design (and I'm not necessarily a huge Eames lover). Mine is upholstered in a yellow-colored wool fabric. Apparently it was a cast-off from an IBM office -- it still has the remnants of a '60s-looking IBM sticker on the base.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided to go with the Aeron.

Little pricey but then the Knoll Life Chair's not much cheaper and Aeron's seem to retain their value quite well.

$400 for 2nd hand Aerons make this seem like worthwhile investment.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member