• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like to chime in with my new additions: 721 LTD and 744 LTD.
Wolverine got it right with both of those make ups but this years cap toe in the dark brown/cigar shade is a home run! Anyone have a pair that's got some wear on 'em?

Last edited:

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My gf got me some Saphir Reno for the holidays; loving the luster it creates.

Last edited:

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wolverine got it right with both of those make ups but this years cap toe in the dark brown/cigar shade is a home run!
Anyone have a pair that's got some wear on 'em?

My 744's have some wear to say the least, been rotating them with my RW 9011's every evening when I get home from work and am taking the 744's with me to Az. tomorrow for a week. Mario gave me grieve about the gloss on them but Reno and Alden Defender does that. I will post a picture later in the week when I get some time in Phoenix but when new and I brushed the hell out of them:

My gf got me some Saphir Reno for the holidays; loving the lustor it creates.

You got a good girl...
smile.gif

Reno does a hell of a job on CXL also BTW.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics CI. Does the 744 fit the same as standard 1K's or are they TTS. If they are different, would you say they are a roomy last, like the 1K's?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for posting the pics CI. Does the 744 fit the same as standard 1K's or are they TTS. If they are different, would you say they are a roomy last, like the 1K's?

I went TTS on mine, and they feel that way to me. I don't own any other Wolverines, so cannot compare.

FENWAY

Reaction score
^ Agree, but I will say the recent batch of Alden #8 is the darkest I've seen

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Saw the 744LTD shell boot today at my local Tanger outlet mall Allen Edmonds store.

this boot
http://leffot.com/shop/wolverine-744-ltd-pre-order/

Had in a number of sizes......mine (7D) was available and I tried on. What a nice boot

They were selling the boot for $399 which seems like a great deal.

Didn't kop........don't really love the cap toe and certainly don't presently need another pair of boots......but, may make it back there if they stay on my mind!

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crane's, I'm curious about these 721 pictures, namely the color of the boot in them. I'm thinking it may be a white balance thing, but they look completely brown, almost like what my 744s started out as. I'd love to know what color they look like after all this time, if those aren't an accurate portrayal of their color. I would think they'd have stayed a deep red/cherry, with maybe some yellow/brown highlights.

My friend who copped a pair of 721s accidentally earlier this year from AE decided he doesn't want them anymore (boots aren't really his thing) and is letting me get them at his cost. So I'm getting ready to either LP or sno-seal mine. I think my 744s ended up a bit too dark for my taste after the sno-seal (a uniform super-dark chocolate brown) though they are wearing nicely. But it seems like people are getting much lighter colors with sno-seal on their 721s.

I should buff up my 744s and post at some point.

They'll shine up no problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads