• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wings+horns F/W 2012

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its the rib collar that kills it for me. Looks like something H&M would make

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's something that you'll wear a few times when you get it because you're like $200
bounce2.gif

and then never wear again b/c you realize the shawl doesn't work.

should just put out a normal peacoat with nice material, nice cut, and some nice leather trims. i've been wearing the **** out of their 2010 utility coat and it's pretty basic.

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
i think it looks alright in navy. still agree though that the ribbed collar is odd, but to be fair the grey color makes it look weirder than in navy or black

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
i think it looks alright in navy. still agree though that the ribbed collar is odd, but to be fair the grey color makes it look weirder than in navy or black
Really don't like the ribbed collar--I would buy it in a heart beat if not for that. Wasn't sure if it was just me, though.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score

Wings + Horns Peacoat with Leather Sleeves & Trim. I think this is the 2010 FW? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This IMO is much nicer than that shawl collar peacoat.

Brattman

Reaction score
I believe that peacoat retailed for around $800. I thought it was incredibly ugly, especially compared to some other great W+H outerwear offerings that season.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe that peacoat retailed for around $800. I thought it was incredibly ugly, especially compared to some other great W+H outerwear offerings that season.

"Ugly" was the common consensus on that piece. Personally I thought it was okay... beats the crap W+H puts out today though.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel you on it not comparing to what they put out that season for outerwear, but I'd take it over that ribbed collar peacoat they put out this year.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I've tried on both the leather sleeved peacoat and the rib collar peacoat.

Leather Sleeved from 2010 is definitely uglier.
But both are pretty damn ugly.

Sym

Reaction score

Not a peacoat, but among W+H jackets I still think this is one of the very best, if not the best they've put out.

I also remember going to a shop and the sales girl flat out told me not to even bother trying on the 2010 leather sleeve peacoat. She said the W+H jacket I had on was much nicer ha.

Last edited:

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a peacoat, but among W+H jackets I still think this is one of the very best, if not the best they've put out.

I also remember going to a shop and the sales girl flat out told me not to even bother trying on the 2010 leather sleeve peacoat. She said the W+H jacket I had on was much nicer ha.

I think that Varsity, the Foul Weather Bomber and the Wool Field Jacket are the best outerwear they've ever produced.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur