1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

wings+horns F/W 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by misterjuiceman, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Sym

Sym Senior member

Yeah I already tried them on. They fit slightly slimmer than the Straight Fit jeans but if they stretch a bit they'll be perfect.

I was wondering more about how the fabric holds up. I remember there was a defect with the German Corded fabric when washed if I'm not mistaken. Any similar issues or is the quality good? Also, does the sheen disappear eventually?

2. avery

avery Senior member

no quality issues with mine, and yes the sheen disappears with wear just like the chinos.

3. gnu

gnu Senior member

Can anyone comment on the Mac coat? Ordered one off Steven Alan for 300 with the discount, think I got an ok deal.

4. 89andy

89andy Senior member

tried the 5 pocket.

waist is tighter than chinos

thigh may be slightly tighter

Much less taper than the chinos, so overall i'd say chino's fit more "slim".

1 person likes this.
  5. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

if you click sizing, you'll find what you're seeking for (measurements foo)

6. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Twill tapered is their old anti-fit westpoint chino - larger thighs, slightly dropped crotch, tapered

5 pocket is slimmer throughout than the westpoint

7. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

How does the Alaskan Wool Shawl fit? $159 looks pretty ok.

8. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
  9. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How is that in real life? Styling isn't bad, but the jersey fabric makes it a really odd piece.

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Just received the primaloft shirt jacket from Roden Gray. This thing is awesome. I made some bad purchases between black Friday and now but this makes up for them all, especially at 40% off. Warmer than expected too.Tempted on the quilted MA-1 now despite the redundancy.

11. hobbes874

hobbes874 Senior member

^ What color did you get? Should post some pictures. I've been tempted to pick it up in grey.

12. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Wow that "thing" is ugly as fuck.

13. xJack

xJack Member

Hope it's not like the W+H Canvas DR LOL

That thing bombed so hard.

14. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Charcoal, and that was the only option in a small last week. I had seen the lighter grey in person after it was released and that color is what really sold me on it. But now after having seen both I think it's a toss up and I would have a difficult time deciding between the two. The charcoal may work a little better in a business casual setting.

Fit is fairly relaxed - I'm normally right in between a small and medium in most of their clothes and a small is perfect, and could still allow for another thick layer beneath if I needed to.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

The Khaki Canvas DR was mega ugly.

I tried it on and wanted to punch myself in the face, for looking so ugly.

16. xdawes23

xdawes23 Senior member

Nice, I have the grey jacket. IMO, it looks great with a scarf underneath and the collar popped.

17. Portland Dry Goods

I picked one up when they came in - its got more structure than I expected thanks to the lining and the jersey is very heavy and not too elasticized. It ought to be a pretty good jacket for the colder months - definately blows away any sweatshirt on warmth and due to the nature of the closure / fleece it traps in heat effectively. I'm happy with it.

I think the only way this thing would be odd in styling is if you put on a pair of sweats with it. I picked it up with a pair of 3sixteen shadow selvedge and they go very well together. I'd say keep away from lights on the bottom to avoid jumpsuit status and you ought to be alright.

[​IMG]

frankly I like this because it costs about half as much as the W&H SS12 options did and is a bit more functional as outerwear. It's seriously comfortable and I've always liked the style of jacket but I've never been one to pick up leather outside of footwear and wallets.

18. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Looks a size too big...

1 person likes this.
  19. jeannoob

jeannoob Senior member

Man, dunno if I'd want terry cloth. If this is meant as an outerwear, I think it'd be a bet better if it was a more waterproof material.

20. Portland Dry Goods

I sized to a medium; I generally take a medium in slimmer fits and I figure I'll be popping a button down and a sweater under this. I have found the arms are a hair long but I'm alright with more coverage for winter

Yeah I'm going to have to field test this the next time we get a snow storm up here.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012