• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Rast Denim Question

heynow

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of billy flairs at the nordstrom sale, are these type of jeans meant to be hemmed, or cuffed? Or is it a personal preferance? I usually where my demin with dress shoes and casual shoes- heres is what they look like.

R7000ME152-1.jpg
R7000ME152-3.jpg

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Those are flairs, I think they are supposed to look stupid (personal opinion). I would guess most people wear them with dunks or some other chunky sort of sneaker. I am sure if you watch MTV for a while you will get a better idea of how they are meant to be worn. I also don't think many people here would know as they are rarely worn by members.

Wait, I guess some members probably wear some sort of bootcut, are they the same thing as flairs?

heynow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Those are flairs, I think they are supposed to look stupid (personal opinion). I would guess most people wear them with dunks or some other chunky sort of sneaker. I am sure if you watch MTV for a while you will get a better idea of how they are meant to be worn. I also don't think many people here would know as they are rarely worn by members.

Wait, I guess some members probably wear some sort of bootcut, are they the same thing as flairs?

dont be a dick. If you didnt know why do you waste time replying?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
They're definitely not meant to be cuffed. Ever.

If you like that look then wear it how the model does. Hem them any shorter and it's really going to look weird. I think the intended effect of flares like that is to look like you're stuck in tar, so go with it.

heynow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

If you like that look then wear it how the model does. Hem them any shorter and it's really going to look weird. I think the intended effect of flares like that is to look like you're stuck in tar, so go with it.

thany you for a serious answer.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
If you wear bootcut jeans that long and loose you will step through the back of the legs.

smithsj

Reaction score
Ya to be honest you really left yourself vulnerable for attack here by this post. I feel bad b/c I was like you only a year ago tho, so just get them hemmed so they aren't dragging on the ground when you walk. Don't cuff them either b/c it just looks like you were too cheap or didn't know any better to get them hemmed.

XeF4

Reaction score
1. Billy's aren't flares, they are bootcut.

2. You should get them hemmed by a taylor.

3. Don't let these douchebags tell you what is cool and what isn't.

Wear what you like.

fosho78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

+1

I think only straight legs should be cuffed.

JonB27

Reaction score
If you are planning to wear dress shoes with jeans these are a bad choice (they look like they would cover most of the shoe)... Also I wouldn't cuff them...

Not my personal style but if you like them I'm sure you'll find something to wear them with.

jazzman3rd

Reaction score
I have the same pair and in my opinion casual shoes look best. I tried to wear them with
dress shoes, and my feet looked small because of the cut of the jeans. Great Jeans!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads