• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which Van Slobbes?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

or

I'm looking for some sneakers... preferably not white.. that can be worn with linen pants / jeans and not look out of place.. Obviously I'm partial to brown/black.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I've tried on the first ones at revolve and they were too "euro" for me, very slim and you need taper jeans or pants to make them work well because of their delicate profile. The second ones though I don't like the middle seam would go great with khakis, linen pants, and jeans with the others being harder to coordinate with linen for your purpose I think. The craftsmanship is great but they are still overpriced.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
I've tried on the first ones at revolve and they were too "euro" for me, very slim and you need taper jeans or pants to make them work well because of their delicate profile. The second ones though I don't like the middle seam would go great with khakis, linen pants, and jeans with the others being harder to coordinate with linen for your purpose I think. The craftsmanship is great but they are still overpriced.

I agree that the brown are the better of the two. If it wasn't for the seam thing, I'd really like them..

I already purchased both pairs for 120 a piece, trying to figure out which to return.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That is a great price, I like how they are made in italy too. That's a tough call, I'd probably keep the black ones since I couldn't live with that seam.

nomovement

Reaction score
black ones.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.