• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which bowtie with this suit

xKMAN83x

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a bowtie with this colour suit.

Colour? Pattern or no pattern? Material? If you could provide links on something you guys think would pair well I would be forever grateful.

I will be wearing a pair taupe suede tassle loafers.

Thank you!

1710184443802.png

perlustrator

Reaction score
I really like that color suit. Are you also going to have a boutineer like in that photo? If so, I would cue the tie from that. Otherwise, I think you have three different directions you can take the tie color, depending on your style and the event.

One option would be to stay in the blue-green color family and go with a dark teal or emerald green, in a fabric with a slight sheet to contrast with the weave of suit fabric. Something like https://www.thetiebar.com/product/bwt-4896-0156 would possibly work, though I would probably want the shirt to have a bit of a cream tone to go with the taupe shoes.

For a spring/summer daytime look, you could take inspiration from the image and go with a warm complimentary color. An orange-ocher paisley like this could be pretty https://www.etsy.com/listing/582208992/peach-orange-apricot-melon-tone-on-tone

For a more evening look, you could go with a darker complimentary color, like a purple indigo. A slight pattern would work here, like https://www.bowtieclub.com/products/rouen-bow-tie-english-woven-purple. I probably wouldn’t do this if you are wearing a belt that matches the shoes, but beltless would be OK.

Also, if you have a date, it’s sometimes fun to coordinate with their accent color.

xKMAN83x

Reaction score
I really like that color suit. Are you also going to have a boutineer like in that photo? If so, I would cue the tie from that. Otherwise, I think you have three different directions you can take the tie color, depending on your style and the event.

One option would be to stay in the blue-green color family and go with a dark teal or emerald green, in a fabric with a slight sheet to contrast with the weave of suit fabric. Something like https://www.thetiebar.com/product/bwt-4896-0156 would possibly work, though I would probably want the shirt to have a bit of a cream tone to go with the taupe shoes.

For a spring/summer daytime look, you could take inspiration from the image and go with a warm complimentary color. An orange-ocher paisley like this could be pretty https://www.etsy.com/listing/582208992/peach-orange-apricot-melon-tone-on-tone

For a more evening look, you could go with a darker complimentary color, like a purple indigo. A slight pattern would work here, like https://www.bowtieclub.com/products/rouen-bow-tie-english-woven-purple. I probably wouldn’t do this if you are wearing a belt that matches the shoes, but beltless would be OK.

Also, if you have a date, it’s sometimes fun to coordinate with their accent color.
Hey! I really appreciate the time in your reply.

I should have been more clear so this is actually for my wedding (spring daytime). The boutineer is going to be the style that goes into the pocket square area not on the lapel.

The colour inspiration we sent to the girl was light pastel colours white/pink/beige and will most likely be a rose with some greenery.

I will attach a picture of the actual shoes I got and a better representation of my suit colour. I was leaning towards white shirt unless you think something else would look better and I'm assuming I should match my belt with the shoes?

I appreciate your time and suggestions/advice! If you would like to know anything else please let me know as I'm running a little short on time haha.
1710333283980-png.2148367
1710442680038.png

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For your wedding (congrats) the more conservative choice with a suit would be a necktie, but if you want to go with a bowtie, the usual traditional wedding choice would be a pattern that resolves to a grey/silver from a distance. Something like a black/white houndstooth or shepherd's check

I agree with a white shirt here.

perlustrator

Reaction score
I should have been more clear so this is actually for my wedding (spring daytime).

Congrats on the wedding. In that case, I'd probably nix my first suggestion, because dark teal can look prom-y.

The colour inspiration we sent to the girl was light pastel colours white/pink/beige and will most likely be a rose with some greenery.

Do you know what color rose? A white rose is versatile. But I would try to rhyme or match a colored rose.

I was leaning towards white shirt

Definitely a white shirt. But there are different types of white, too (pure white, cream white, cool white). You can't go wrong with pure white for a formal occasion.

I'm assuming I should match my belt with the shoes?

If you're wearing a belt, yes. But there are beltless options with pant side tabs or suspenders. You just didn't specify a belt color.

xKMAN83x

Reaction score
Congrats on the wedding. In that case, I'd probably nix my first suggestion, because dark teal can look prom-y.

Do you know what color rose? A white rose is versatile. But I would try to rhyme or match a colored rose.

Definitely a white shirt. But there are different types of white, too (pure white, cream white, cool white). You can't go wrong with pure white for a formal occasion.

If you're wearing a belt, yes. But there are beltless options with pant side tabs or suspenders. You just didn't specify a belt color.
I don't know exactly what the boutineer is going to look like becuase it's going to be fresh that day but my fiance assured me its either going to be white/pink/beige (I would assume white rose). Light pastel colours is what were suggested again with some greenery. But again I wont know until later that flower doesnt even exist at the moment.

As mentioned I think I'm going white shirt and I was leaning towards something like this for the belt to match the shoes. Let me know what you think!

If you can help me nail down a bowtie to tie this all together I'd be forever grateful as I'm like 3-4 weeks out I know thetiebar has pretty quick shipping.

Thanks man!
1710503524768.png

1710503506377.png

Last edited:

xKMAN83x

Reaction score

perlustrator

Reaction score
Yes, I like the eggplant, but I also like a bit of color. The tie and belt/shoes do not have to match. Also keep in mind that the vast majority of your wedding photos will be torso-up or jacket-closed, so you won’t see the belt.

Skate3

Reaction score
My favorite vegetable is eggplant, but I also enjoy a little splash of color. There is no need to match your tie with your belt or shoes. You won't see your belt in the vast majority of wedding photos since they will be taking with your torso up or your jacket closed.

xKMAN83x

Reaction score

xKMAN83x

Reaction score
I ordered a few different ones along with the peach just so I have options. Someone mentioned just wearing white on white bowtie

1710938482010.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads