• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you guys put your shoes?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The real question...is where the eff did you install this?
I can see a shorter version with more levels working as a really efficient and not bulky looking solution...1 or 2 shelves wide but more like 5-6 tall. This could potentially fit in a lot of closet/bedroom spaces.
Do you have the longest closet in the world? Is your hallway also the shoe-emporium?
great question...not mine but HIS....

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ahh--it is vox's

although really...I would have expected vox to find taller trees to make his shelves out of so that there wouldn't be seams every 4 feet

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy **** MoL.
Deets?

Well, I am nowhere near the upper echelon. AE (a lot of them), Alden, Canali, Campanile, Church's, Dack's (Canadian brand), Fratelli Rosetti, To Boot NY, etc. to lower end beaters like Rockport, Ecco, etc. I pound a lot of pavement and won't wear my better shoes in bad weather which seperates me from the ballers here who will wear $1,000 shoes in the snow or rain and think nothing of destroying them.

My head just exploded. 160 pairs! You sir, are the shoe connoisseur.
Have you ever bought Loake 1880s?

Connoisseur, no, but thank you. Foolish would be a better description.
Loake 1880s, yes in the past. Good shoes for that range. My brother has them now.

Last edited:

Stilig

Reaction score
I have an indian cabinet where I put my "nicer" shoes. My sneakers and beaters are just put on a stand at the entrance to my flat.

Harrydog

Reaction score
My main closet. Suits top right and lower left behind door. Shirts bottom right. Trousers top left. Jeans and Chinos on shelves back top right. Ties back wall and on a number of slide out racks from shelves on right. Shoes as shown. (at 4 pair/shelf, you can do the math.) Some more are squirreled away out of view. I have a closet in the guest room for my odd jackets and overflow.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
^^Beauty, the rug and stool are an excellent touch.

MOL, speechless.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My main closet. Suits top right and lower left behind door. Shirts bottom right. Trousers top left. Jeans and Chinos on shelves back top right. Ties back wall and on a number of slide out racks from shelves on right. Shoes as shown. (at 4 pair/shelf, you can do the math.) Some more are squirreled away out of view. I have a closet in the guest room for my odd jackets and overflow.

Nice^^^

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
harry - that is awesome.

btw, i think its time someone answered the OP with a red forman foot in your ass, crack.

:)

:hide:

Last edited:

JBMarce21

Reaction score

......to "holy ****"

JBMarce21

Reaction score
I use slat wall, wonderfully customizable as my collection grows. Above this are polos, sweaters, and some wicker baskets of pocket squares, which will get moved as I buy more shoes. I keep the shoe bags underneath them.

Harrydog

Reaction score

I use slat wall, wonderfully customizable as my collection grows. Above this are polos, sweaters, and some wicker baskets of pocket squares, which will get moved as I buy more shoes. I keep the shoe bags underneath them.

Downright gravity defying as well...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads