• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When being served food or drink, this irks me...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I have this happen to me alot, where let say you are go in somewhere to get a food item served or a drink or dessert, you see the person who serves it give a standard or big portion to the people ahead of you but when you get served, they give you a slightly smaller portion or once in awhile, an obvious smaller portion. Maybe he just didnt pay attention or overlooked his clumsiness due to being busy but this irks me.

1) starbucks iced drink, one time they accidentally pack sooo much ice in there the drink itself was only the amount of like a small.

2) fries (for example ,not now but in past as i dont eat fries as much) they scoop in and for some reason a whole bunch falls out leaving it sort of 'half' empty but they just pack that for you.

3)you get a breakfast croissant or bagel or cookie and in the tray everyone gets a standard size but for some dam reason, the one shriveled up one in the side they give that one to you.

4) you go to a sit down restaurant and you see that your order entree has slightly less than your counterpart who ordered the same thing or somebody at another table you saw had a great looking meal, and when you order it it turns out looking lacking

5) you order some drinks and when they bring it to you, yours is like a couple inches empty on top, while others are all to the brim.

In the past, i would grumble, but also depending on my mood for the day, i would sometimes complain verbally back (like i had it enough that day with other things for some reason) and they will repack it or give me more, but i go out looking like an azzhole like what's his problem?

how do you take this sort of thing and how do you handle it if is an issue to you?
foo.gif

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought you were on a diet bro? Maybe theyre helping you out

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waiters remember what the old sho'nuff looked like and are just trying to help you out by giving you smaller portions. You should be thanking them.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sound like a very nitpicky person. They are doing you a good service since you are drinking/eating less calories
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
You sound like a very nitpicky person. They are doing you a good service since you are drinking/eating less calories
smile.gif

so if this happens to you (if it ever does) you find your portion smaller than someone else's or your drink is less than someone else's even if same order, it doesnt bother you?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
so if this happens to you (if it ever does) you find your portion smaller than someone else's or your drink is less than someone else's even if same order, it doesnt bother you?

I never finish what's on my plate anyway, so I'm indifferent to it all.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I never finish what's on my plate anyway, so I'm indifferent to it all.

Yeah, but you're different from most people. Most people order a glass of wine to go with their meal. You order a meal to go with your bourbon.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i understand that , but it is the principle of you should be getting what you pay for .isnt it more like a disrespect to a paying customer if they short you what was advertised?

The Today Show had no problem allowing
foo.gif
to be on air.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i understand that , but it is the principle of you should be getting what you pay for .isnt it more like a disrespect to a paying customer if they short you what was advertised?

how do you know what was advertised? What if the people with the greater portion are actually getting more than they are supposed to and you are getting the correct amount, should the restaurant come and take food off their plate? It's food, it's probably hard to get the same exact amount of fries in every single order or the smae number of ounces of wine/soda for every person. And how do you know you are getting less, what if it just looks like less on your plate but the portions are the same. There are bigger issues in life to worry about, although if this is your biggest issue you should consider yourself very lucky.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm con
foo.gif
sed.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never really occurred to me. I guess if it was something glaring, like I ordered a whole sandwich, and only got half, where it is clearly wrong, then I would say something.

As for drinks, whiskey on the rocks never comes to the top unless I tip really well.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
how do you know what was advertised? What if the people with the greater portion are actually getting more than they are supposed to and you are getting the correct amount, should the restaurant come and take food off their plate? It's food, it's probably hard to get the same exact amount of fries in every single order or the smae number of ounces of wine/soda for every person. And how do you know you are getting less, what if it just looks like less on your plate but the portions are the same. There are bigger issues in life to worry about, although if this is your biggest issue you should consider yourself very lucky.

thanks good point. but not necessary to throw in that last comment about this being a big issue or not.
it is not a big issue in my life to tell you the truth. but this is a forum where we have fun poking fun at life's quibbles and ask each other about opinions about small things.

i have big issues in life sure. but does that mean we should not be capable of just talking about these smaller things? what do you talk about when you meet friends and acquaintances? just big ticket issue conversations , heavy handed conversations only? this is all out of fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics