• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the deal with all the lawyers / law threads?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True statistic: One in four white men working in the District of Columbia is a lawyer.

dsholmes1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spilotro
Is this your first offense? How's your traffic record?

This is my offense ever. And my traffic record is spotless because I only had my license for a lil over a year at the time. No tickets or citations.

Spilotro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsholmes1
This is my offense ever. And my traffic record is spotless because I only had my license for a lil over a year at the time. No tickets or citations.

That's going to help. If you simply tell the truth about everything you, are going to be fine on this, regardless of who is representing you. It's your first offense, first traffic incident, and I assume also that you are young. I promise you, there's no room in jail for people like you, and if you even get ANYTHING, it will be very light.

overdog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsholmes1
I dont know. Buit, I was wondering if I could get some free legal advice..lol

What do you think "fleeing the scene" of a single car accident will get me in court? And "failure to report?" Should I go public defender or shell out the money for a lawyer?

I assume you've already been charged? If you only damaged your own car and nothing else, you're probably charged with a misdemeanor. Depending on the extent of the charges, you might be able to cut a deal with the prosecutor and get some kind of deferred prosecution, where they agree to dismiss the case up front if you complete certain conditions (usually a bunch of community service and maybe take a DWI class). That way it won't go on your permanent record. To negotiate with the prosecutor you will need to have a lawyer do it. You can't retain the services of the public defender unless you are legally deemed to be unable to afford an attorney. You're probably better off hiring your own lawyer anyway, as the public defender is usually really busy. No offense to public defenders; they do great work. But you'll likely get better representation if you pay for your own lawyer. At this point in your life, the most important thing for you is probably to keep a clean record.

datasupa

Reaction score
I think it is important to have some lawyers around. I heard they can survive an atomic explosion so they will be able to rebuild humanity in case of a nuclear war.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
I think it is important to have some lawyers around. I heard they can survive an atomic explosion so they will be able to rebuild humanity in case of a nuclear war.

I think you just called me a cockroach.
eh.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, having a great lawyer can be a real asset. They tend to be neutral on most legal matters, and as long as you pay, they'll do a good job. I can't think of any other professions with this attitude in mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads