• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you pay for a NWT Brioni suit?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
an uncollected MTM Brioni suit for $500 IIRC and a similarly uncollected cashmere jacket

Holdfast,what does uncollected mean, that you've yet to receive them?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Holdfast,what does uncollected mean, that you've yet to receive them?

Uncollected by the fellow who initially ordered them. Somehow (I didn't ask for full provenance) they then ended up on eBay, whereupon I bought 'em.

I'm grateful for his amnesia, or financial difficulties or whatever...
wink.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a NWT Brioni suit on ebay in navy for $600 or so, but those deals are few and far between. There was some guy selling a really nice Brioni suit for like $600 before but it was 46L I believe, and had cut buttonholes, like 2 weeks ago, not sure if it sold.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tracked the Brioni Nomentano (wool/cashmere, navy with raspberry pins) for over a year from seller honestgoods. Never lowered the price. So, I jumped in the pool and got it for $2,100. And, it's the best suit I own. I think it retailed for over $4,500. Can't remember now. And, don't care. Can't take it w/ me.
devil.gif

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a beautiful suit!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
I tracked the Brioni Nomentano (wool/cashmere, navy with raspberry pins) for over a year from seller honestgoods. Never lowered the price. So, I jumped in the pool and got it for $2,100.

He never lowers his prices because people will eventually cave in and buy! I should know, I've done the same when buying from him!
laugh.gif

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
Guys - thanks for the responses. Although I may later regret it, I just can't pull the trigger on that kind of cash. But, if you happen to have a conservative, slightly used Brioni in 43 or 44R, let me know!!

BTW, I forgot to link the suit in original post -- here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/4275-NWT-Unalter...QQcmdZViewItem

I love that guys pictures, they are so elegant. Do you think he is pinning the suits or is that natural.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
$1.8k sure does appear pricey. Filene's Basement and NM Last Call has them for less than that.

Right. Not with a solid grey, and usually with the fabric, styling, and patterns that no one else wants. That's why they last through last call and the outlets. You will find gems, but in the case of Brionis and Kitons getting marked down, you compete with a lot of other Brioni "hunters" looking for the same deal.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deaddog
Guys - thanks for the responses. Although I may later regret it, I just can't pull the trigger on that kind of cash. But, if you happen to have a conservative, slightly used Brioni in 43 or 44R, let me know!!

BTW, I forgot to link the suit in original post -- here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/4275-NWT-Unalter...QQcmdZViewItem

Yesterday, SF member ayers had an "new non-altered" conservative Kiton suit on the sales forum. You might want to check it out:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19311

100% Charcoal with pinstripes. Though it is a size 42 perhaps it might work. Seems very desirable. Maybe seller will be accommodating to a fellow SF'er!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only time I ever paid retail for a Brioni suit was a few months ago at Wynn LV. I won a fairly large sum of money there and instead of paying tax on the amount in excess of 10k or waiting an extra day to change it, I used it to purchase a suit at the boutique there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads