• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shoes to wear with jeans?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I refuse to wear those cheesy dress/casual shoes that were ubiquitous like 3 years ago, as well as support the Puma (and all the offshoots thereof) craze that seems to especially big in Montreal.

What other options are there, for going out, going to class etc???

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots, boots, boots and boots. Possibly some heavier brogued oxfords. And boots
biggrin.gif
P.s. I am not biased, out of my I think 11 pairs of shoes only 5 or so are boots
blush.gif
Oh, and I like the way wholecuts look with slimmer jeans. I do that regularly.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Boots, boots, boots and boots. Possibly some heavier brogued oxfords. And boots
biggrin.gif

P.s. I am not biased, out of my I think 11 pairs of shoes only 5 or so are boots
blush.gif

Oh, and I like the way wholecuts look with slimmer jeans. I do that regularly.

I was also thinking boots. Do you have any examples of what you wear?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure. All the boots shown
img17366td.jpg
This is the thread... http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=163 In front, Grenson Ilkley boots (my favourites). In back from the left: Polo dark brown 'Tarlton II' ankle boots, J. Crew Men's Addison suede brogue boots (caught them new on eBay for 30.00, very soft), Facconable suede chukka boots (made in Italy, unknown manufacturer, very comfy, very soft rubber sole that I doubt will last much longer)). Edit: I also have some black CT/Loake chukka boots and some tactical/military boots with a side zipper that I never wear (just bloody uncomfortable).

tommib

Reaction score
I wear these with very, VERY slim jeans and they look amazing in my opinion: Tom

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
For the odd time I can't wear sneakers, I wear a pair of waxed leather Costume National zip up ankle boots, or, more casually, a pair of Clark desert boots. I hate clubs with dress codes though.
Mmm, I need to get some desert boots, I don't think I have worn any since I was 15. Got any pics of those CN boots, Fok?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Mmm, I need to get some desert boots, I don't think I have worn any since I was 15. Got any pics of those CN boots, Fok?

Arghhh. There used to be some great pictures at headstartshoes.com (in Philly) but they don't carry men's shoes any more. I got them from Yoox for $50. Not bad considering that they retailed for something around $500. and that was about 3 years ago, when the dollar was strong.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok... heres a few that i like to wear with jeans. AllenEdmonds "leeds", crepe resole(i think. thrift purchase)
158670.jpg
vintage gokey boots
166124.jpg
clarks desert trek
173839.jpg
... just noticed they are all crepe soled. i kinda have a weakness for that ever since i got my first pair of clarks.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i need c diem 5 hole boots- i just need to find a second hand pair.. they look good with the jeans i wear, even though i don't wear slim jeans.

the carol christian poell shoes i got today look good with denim too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads