• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of "The Unbuttoned Agnelli-Style Watch Over Shirt Cuff"?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Audemars Piguet watches are very popular in Italy due to the thin nature of the firm's watches and the general aesthetic.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jml90
He had an allergy I beleive

Okay, I can buy that. The coat sleeve would hide the watch most of the time. Still, that's what pocket watches are made for.

As for anyone else, this says Loooooook at me! I'm wearing my timepiece on my wrist!! Loook!

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Okay, I can buy that. The coat sleeve would hide the watch most of the time. Still, that's what pocket watches are made for.

As for anyone else, this says Loooooook at me! I'm wearing my timepiece on my wrist!! Loook!

I don't know, I think it's more subtle than a lot of what pass for dress watches these days, at 45mm and more.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
I don't know, I think it's more subtle than a lot of what pass for dress watches these days, at 45mm and more.

I'm talking about the location of the watch, not the watch itself.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I'm talking about the location of the watch, not the watch itself.
Yeah I know what you mean, didn't explain myself well. I think a tasteful watch worn outside the sleeve because you have a tight cuff is more subtle than a blingy watch worn in the right place. It's only rarely going to be on display--really only when you're trying to show off.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
I've always thought it a dumb look, even on Agnelli. That said, he had a good reason to wear it that way.

Ditto

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Seconded. Anytime I see it, I think "That guy is copying Gianni Agnelli."

Yes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads