• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about these?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

What's wrong with a guy that has LV sneakers? (other than they cost about $475?)(and no, I don't have a pair, just curious)
You'll either look like one of those crazy Japanese fashionista dudes (label whores), or way too metrosexual.

You guys know I'm all about fashion and dressing well, but LV sneakers just crosses the line. I don't think I could take someone seriously in LV sneakers. Too pretentious as well.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you feel about the LV Lombok Loafers ($475) then?
p10399721_ph_hero.jpg
Although these are very Liberace for being a "˜Football Trainer' ($530) (oh, man these are funny):
p10538963_ph_hero.jpg
Link Jon.

Classic

Reaction score
Please don't torture us.
Do you think we could get a group discount?

Classic

gqelements

Reaction score
go with goodyear.

vuitton, prada.... Ridiculous

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've posted these before:
hogshomm40e1nerop.jpg
I picked these up in Italy a couple of years ago, and they've served me well. Look great irl. I hate when people say this, but I've always received compliments on these. They have a pair in white at Bluefly for cheap...I'm not too sure where to get a black one discounted. Hogan has kept this style these last couple of years, just changing the colors, so you could always check the Hogan store. They have sales bi-annually.

aybojs

Reaction score
Hope nobody gets upset with the comparision, but the first thing those pairs of black sneakers remind me of is the whole chunky Steve Madden/Skechers thing, that is to say I wouldn't go near one of those.

My sneaker selection consists of white Nike running shoes, a pair of green Diesel Krypton's, and a lime green pair of Ludwig Reiters that doesn't get much wear because it's one size too big (my mistake in returning). The next time I get a pair it'll probably be something random in the $<100 range from Yoox; either that or I'll start looking at one of those "design your own sneakers" sites.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Jon,

My vote is for the brown Adidas. They look very nice, and I might pick some up myself after seeing the generous price. Personally, I think the chunky all-black look of those Pumas is kitschy. I am fond of those Hogans that Renault posted, though. They seem to have a much better, less absurd and disproportionate shape than the Pumas.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a just-barely-related note, ImageWIS' posting of the Classic Sport Shoes website led me to Americangoodies.com, a website which will allow me to buy stuff from US retailers that don't accept international orders... Yay. Send me an e-mail if you're ever in Melbourne, Jon, and I'll buy you lunch. Cheers.
biggrin.gif
Wandering back on topic, I find the Skutnabb looks a little generic. I'd personally go with the Black-and-white Tuscany GTs. The red-and-tan Pradas look nice, too, but I couldn't see myself buying them unless they were on clearance at 75% off or so... EDIT: Anyone have any thoughts on the K-Swiss Amestoy?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried the Adidas Tuscany's on, but they are way too stiff. In my overall experience, Puma leather tends to be softer than Adidas leather. The Hogan's cost way too much for what you get, there is just no justification for an expenditure of that size. Plus, they are very similar to Pumas Speed Cat in leather (sans Puma logo at the front-side of their shoe)...of which I already own two pairs. Here is what the Puma Skutnabb looks like in white and also in blue (Since the black is kind of hard to see in pictures, especially the sole):
20031206223519b.jpg
20031206223519a2.jpg
20031206223519a5.jpg
20031206222918b.jpg
20031206222918a2.jpg
20031206222918a4.jpg
Jon.

Chimes

Reaction score
These are the casual sneakers Ive been wearing lately... Nike Dunk "Futura" (retails @ around $200)
dunk_low_sb_future.jpg

ACore

Reaction score
I remember some time back Ernst posted a pick of some black Puma's he had. I was wondering what the name of the model these were.

Cheers,
Adam

big balla

Reaction score
These are the casual sneakers Ive been wearing lately... Nike Dunk "Futura" (retails @ around $200)
dunk_low_sb_future.jpg
good one. many of you may gawk at euro-fashion styled sneakers, but nike dunks are king. and addidas stan smith's as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads